Cyro firmware update fails

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
Trying to update the firmware for my Cyro & it fails every single time.

Are there diagnostics or logs I can send to help t-shoot this issue?

Thank you in advance for your time & efforts.

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
I've gone so far as to reset the device completely & try the firmware update again - still fails.

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
Device is locked into read-only mode as well.

Logs attached.

Attachments

• azeron-logs-20231120-02-05-30.log
    846.8 KB · Views: 37

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Device is locked into read-only mode as well.

Logs attached.
Go through the guide I have attached first, then try to update via software.
If still doesn't let you then

Attachments

• Azeron_Failed_to_Update_V2_1.pdf
    355.8 KB · Views: 50

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
I've gone through all the steps in the manual to no avail. So, off to the YouTube video. Everything works until there's supposed to be a serial number appearing after a refresh of the USB configuration in the STM32CubeProgrammer application. No serial number appears nor does any port appear in the drop-down list. I've tried both the USB3 ports on the top & back of my case with the exact same results. I've tried multiple times in both instance in case I wasn't completely holding down the correct two buttons to get the device into bootloader mode.

What's next? :(

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I've gone through all the steps in the manual to no avail. So, off to the YouTube video. Everything works until there's supposed to be a serial number appearing after a refresh of the USB configuration in the STM32CubeProgrammer application. No serial number appears nor does any port appear in the drop-down list. I've tried both the USB3 ports on the top & back of my case with the exact same results. I've tried multiple times in both instance in case I wasn't completely holding down the correct two buttons to get the device into bootloader mode.

What's next? :(
No other DFU devices as per in the guide I have attached ?
Any LED`s come on when you launch the Cyro in the boot mode?

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
After booting into bootloader mode, the Cyro is listed as STMicroelectronics Guillemot SSTM DFU Device - Media.

No LEDs are lit on the unit.

After deleting device & its driver files, it's now listed as STMicroelectronics DF11.

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
Rebooting the computer & attempting to place the Cyro back into bootloader results in the same name as before: STMicroelectronics Guillemot STM DFU Device - Media.

No LEDs are lit.

Thank you for your time & assistance!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Rebooting the computer & attempting to place the Cyro back into bootloader results in the same name as before: STMicroelectronics Guillemot STM DFU Device - Media.

No LEDs are lit.

Thank you for your time & assistance!
Make sure you have view hidden files visible and delete both guillemot folders as in the guide.

Gehanii

Nov 20, 2023
Thirtieth time's the charm, I guess... Slightly more somberly, I /think/ I might have missed deleting one of the Guillemot folders (prolly in the x86 folder if my review of my file history is correct.) Sigh...

In any case, it's happier now, firmware's been updated & now to see if I can get it work with my fumble fingers in Cyberpunk 2077 (driving vehicles with KBM is an unhappy experience.)

Thank you!

Reactions: Im this guy