Thumbstick stuck on 'w'

awcho70

Jan 15, 2022
Although it was working fine for a while, the thumbstick is now stuck inputting only "w", even in the desktop or word processing programs, forcing me to unplug the Azeron so that I can input anything else other than a repeating"w".

I've tried a complete reset and reloading of the software, but the problem recurs. I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
That sounds like a hardware issue. Looks like it disconnects.
You can try re-sitting the red wire in teensy app, that is the first red wire closest to usb connector.
Since the issue is intermittent, makes me think, the issue will be in the thumbstick board in thumbstick module.

1642584665446.png

awcho70

Jan 15, 2022
So I opened it up. All the wires were tightly in their slots. Despite this, I took out the 21, 30, 34, and 35 wires and put them back, confirming that they were again tightly held by the screws when I was finished.

I plugged the keyboard back into my computer, and the thumbstick remained unusable. When I opened the Azeron software, this is what the thumbstick does, and when I move the thumbstick the blue circle does not move from its stuck position (see photo below):

Azeron Thumbstick Problem After.png

When I create a new Profile, the blue circle is initially in the center of the white circle, then immediately jumps to the upper left periphery, as it appears in the photo above.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
So I opened it up. All the wires were tightly in their slots. Despite this, I took out the 21, 30, 34, and 35 wires and put them back, confirming that they were again tightly held by the screws when I was finished.

I plugged the keyboard back into my computer, and the thumbstick remained unusable. When I opened the Azeron software, this is what the thumbstick does, and when I move the thumbstick the blue circle does not move from its stuck position (see photo below):

View attachment 199
When I create a new Profile, the blue circle is initially in the center of the white circle, then immediately jumps to the upper left periphery, as it appears in the photo above.
Is it Cyborg or Classic / Compact?

awcho70

Jan 15, 2022
Is the 5way switch above working ? If it is, then the problem will be inside the module.
If 5way switch does not work as well, then it will be the grounding wire.
There is no input registering in the Azeron Software when I push any key, including the 5 way switch. (As I recall, it used to be that when a key is depressed it showed in the keyboard layout within the software.) It's like the thumbstick input is overloading the output so nothing else registers?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
That sounds like an issue with the grounding wire.
Marked nr1 in circuit board.

Try re-sitting the black wire, could be either end either teensy board end or the grounding block end.

awcho70

Jan 15, 2022
That sounds like an issue with the grounding wire.
Marked nr1 in circuit board.

Try re-sitting the black wire, could be either end either teensy board end or the grounding block end.
Tried just now. No change from before I reseated the grounding wire #1: The thumbstick remains stuck at the upper left quadrant and there is no input registering when I try to press any other key.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Tried just now. No change from before I reseated the grounding wire #1: The thumbstick remains stuck at the upper left quadrant and there is no input registering when I try to press any other key.
See the black grounding wire, wherever there is no tears and it is intact.
As if the keypad is connected and shown in Azeron software and no keys are registering the input, then that is the only possible issue.

awcho70

Jan 15, 2022
See the black grounding wire, wherever there is no tears and it is intact.
As if the keypad is connected and shown in Azeron software and no keys are registering the input, then that is the only possible issue.
I checked for that; the wire looks intact, but if the wire is broken within the black insulation, I wouldn't know it and don't have the equipment to check for that.