Thumbstick position & ergonimics

Llandica

May 16, 2022
So far mostly loving my new Azeron Cyborg. I've got a round a week of adjustments and practice on it now, and can see how this is going to, eventually, improve my gaming. I also use it for work, which is bonus excellent.

The one pain point for me is the thumbstick. There is no way to make it comfortable for my hand, it just sticks too far out. I currently have the thumbstick rail in middle position and the unit itself swiveled all the way in against the forefinger rail, and that sort of helps, but there is no combination of movements I've found that work. Before that I had the rail in the closest position, and managed to find a swivel that almost worked, but it put the 4 way button in an inaccessible position under the palmrest, and the joystick itself just a little too close to palm proper fit. Attempting to lengthen it along the rail wasn't possible because the back of the thumbstick is so fat that it collides with the forefinger rail assembly. So i moved the thumbstick rail to the next angle, and that bought me a little room to slide it forward, which now makes it just a bit wide for comfort.

The two issues for me are an unnatural articulation sideways of the thumb (even the photos on your website show this position, should have known...), and the off angle this puts the cardinal points in - neither forward, nor up, always at an angle. That part I'm sure I'll get used to eventually, along with refining the angle tuning in software, but the pain in my thumb after an hour or so of playing, I doubt anything but better ergonomics will fix it. If I take the cap off, it's almost perfect right now, but not practical, especially with the range limiter.

Attachments

• IMG_20220611_181525.jpg
    IMG_20220611_181525.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20220611_181534.jpg
    IMG_20220611_181534.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 148

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
You can rotate the the 5way switch and thumbstick stays in the same position.
1655127894795.png
1655127915776.png

You can change the angle in the software. Press on thumbstick setting and you can set the angle for the profile. Or if you are using the software profiles you can change it in settings / angle.