thumbstick not returning to stopped properly? Help please

Kathwynn

Dec 9, 2022
Using thumbstick for movement in game. Press forward to run forward but when I let go or center the thumbstick character still runs forward. Same reaction running backward. Sideways works ok. Please help. I have no idea how to stop this happening.
Game: New World via steam with steam enabled 'controller' support.
Thumbstick set to WASD or Xbox or Analog all have same problem.

Please help

Kathwynn

Dec 9, 2022
Found the problem to be software update. It started when the last update happened. So I deleted the program completely.
Then redownloaded from the website and cancelled updates. Now it works perfectly in game for me.

So yeah, software issue with latest update. If anyone else has similar issues I suggest as above.
Thanks

Reactions: Im this guy

Kathwynn

Dec 9, 2022
Unfortunately on Sunday the same problem happened again. This time I uninstalled the software, unplugged the azeron compact and tried using the keyboard instead. Laptop keyboard W got the same result: character running on for 4 seconds after I stopped pressing the W. If I immediatly press the S it still takes the 4 seconds to stop running but then goes backwards for a little. So now I have no idea what it causing this problem but unlikely to be azeron.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Unfortunately on Sunday the same problem happened again. This time I uninstalled the software, unplugged the azeron compact and tried using the keyboard instead. Laptop keyboard W got the same result: character running on for 4 seconds after I stopped pressing the W. If I immediatly press the S it still takes the 4 seconds to stop running but then goes backwards for a little. So now I have no idea what it causing this problem but unlikely to be azeron.
Check on whether the drivers are up to date, monitor the task manager to see if there aren't any cpu / memory spikes when it happens.

Make sure it`s not the internet connection causing it.