Thumb rail stability on Cyborg

koval

Mar 20, 2022
when you're trying to press stick button (#23) - you're applying so much force to activate it, that sometimes device moves a bit :)
but the real conern here, that all thumb rail and tower behaves like a spring because plastic deforms a bit. it would great to have it in metall.
any thoughts on it? I would like to have metal upgrade ;)
i know all the benefits of 3D printed (rails are casted, afaik) and have a 3d-printer myself, but this particular part needs more stability in my opinion.
thanks!

Reactions: Hipporider

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I addressed this in another post nevertheless I myself fixed this issue by moving the thumb stick over against the 1st finger rail, it feels better in the hand to me and it supports the stick so the click feels fine

Attachments

• IMG_20210801_024010269.jpg
    IMG_20210801_024010269.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • thumb2.jpg
    thumb2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
  • thumb1.jpg
    thumb1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: Im this guy

Hipporider

Verified member
Aug 25, 2022
when you're trying to press stick button (#23) - you're applying so much force to activate it, that sometimes device moves a bit :)
but the real conern here, that all thumb rail and tower behaves like a spring because plastic deforms a bit. it would great to have it in metall.
any thoughts on it? I would like to have metal upgrade ;)
i know all the benefits of 3D printed (rails are casted, afaik) and have a 3d-printer myself, but this particular part needs more stability in my opinion.
thanks!
There's another member on this forum who's asking for interest in metal replacement arms. He's looking at making his own, machining them.