Strap Improvements?

Spyder

Verified member
Nov 10, 2021
I got into the pre-order. Any plans on improving the strap? Mine lasted a week before the velcro came unglued. Maybe by adding an attachment at the top area to let the strap loop through and fasten back down at the bottom. Most of the pressure would be put at the bottom rather than the top, so I don't think it being 3D printed would be a problem. You'd just need a longer strip of velcro. It would make it more secure and allow for a better fit. Honestly, I was spoiled with the Cyborg and was disappointed in the lack of fitting customization this one has to offer. I will definitely keep an eye out for the next version though. I love what you guys are trying to do, and I know quite a few people who rely on your products due to disabilities.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I got into the pre-order. Any plans on improving the strap? Mine lasted a week before the velcro came unglued. Maybe by adding an attachment at the top area to let the strap loop through and fasten back down at the bottom. Most of the pressure would be put at the bottom rather than the top, so I don't think it being 3D printed would be a problem. You'd just need a longer strip of velcro. It would make it more secure and allow for a better fit. Honestly, I was spoiled with the Cyborg and was disappointed in the lack of fitting customization this one has to offer. I will definitely keep an eye out for the next version though. I love what you guys are trying to do, and I know quite a few people who rely on your products due to disabilities.
Thank you for the feedback !

Tora

Aug 2, 2023
My Strap is also failing.

It needed to be a couple of mm longer and better glue used on top, I think.

I haven't even really used the Cyro yet. It was like this out of the box :(

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
My Strap is also failing.

It needed to be a couple of mm longer and better glue used on top, I think.

I haven't even really used the Cyro yet. It was like this out of the box :(
email us on info@azeron.eu state your issue, include order number and photos showing the issue.

eyesoffaith

Dec 26, 2023
My strap is also failing and the glue has separated from the cyro after about 2-3 weeks of use. Honestly, what if you all embedded magnets in the palm section and released an elastic strap that goes around the palm of the player.

You'd get attachement without the need for adhesive

Liquid327

Verified member
Feb 25, 2024
Thank you for advocating for people with disabilities.

Liquid327

Verified member
Feb 25, 2024
Is the strap that necessary? Can you use the controller without the strap?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Is the strap that necessary? Can you use the controller without the strap?
Yes, to lift up the mouse and reposition.
Would be hard without the strap, but I believe there are people who us it without the strap

Scholander

Mar 17, 2024
Having used the Cyro for a few weeks now, I often don't use the strap. I've been using it for work, as well as gaming, and it can be annoying to unstrap in order to type. I find that you have a lot less precise control without the strap, but it's totally do-able. If you use a high DPI setting, you shouldn't need to pick up and reposition. I do find that without the strap my thumb tends to instinctively wrap around the housing of the joystick to regain the "fingertip" control I would have with a normal mouse. I'm slowly training myself to use my wrist more for precision, but it's an adjustment.

(I do not have disability issues, but bought it because I wanted a good vertical mouse that was more adjustable for my big hands and thought the extra joystick and buttons could be interesting to try with gaming, but also for work macros.)

qwilman

Mar 8, 2024
qwilman.carrd.co
Having used the Cyro for a few weeks now, I often don't use the strap. I've been using it for work, as well as gaming, and it can be annoying to unstrap in order to type. I find that you have a lot less precise control without the strap, but it's totally do-able. If you use a high DPI setting, you shouldn't need to pick up and reposition. I do find that without the strap my thumb tends to instinctively wrap around the housing of the joystick to regain the "fingertip" control I would have with a normal mouse. I'm slowly training myself to use my wrist more for precision, but it's an adjustment.

(I do not have disability issues, but bought it because I wanted a good vertical mouse that was more adjustable for my big hands and thought the extra joystick and buttons could be interesting to try with gaming, but also for work macros.)
Just got mine today and was finding the same friction with sliding in and out of the strap to type. It hadn't even occurred to me to try without the strap, and I've found that little hook behind the back of my hand is doing me just fine so far.

kickstop

Mar 18, 2024
Mine came off the day I got it. I was able to reattach it but it feels very unstable. My hand stays put when it's on, but I'm so worried about coming off again and staying off this time