Stick jitter after calibration with restrictor ring on Cyborg

easierTarget

Jan 16, 2023
Previously, and even with the recent 1.5.1 update with firmware 86a, I noticed that calibrating the controller with the restrictor ring causes the thumbstick to be jittery and can even get stuck in an off centered position similar to stick drift while I'm using it. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but the fix I found is to calibrate the controller without the restrictor ring and the thumbstick goes back to being dead on center and no jitter. Maybe calibration with the restrictor ring results in oversensitivity of the thumbstick, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Im this guy

Ssoum

Verified member
Feb 25, 2024
I had the same problem, I adjusted manually for a long time but never stable. Then I clicked on reset, since then all the values have dropped to zero and everything works fine.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Previously, and even with the recent 1.5.1 update with firmware 86a, I noticed that calibrating the controller with the restrictor ring causes the thumbstick to be jittery and can even get stuck in an off centered position similar to stick drift while I'm using it. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but the fix I found is to calibrate the controller without the restrictor ring and the thumbstick goes back to being dead on center and no jitter. Maybe calibration with the restrictor ring results in oversensitivity of the thumbstick, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can increase the lower deadzone by 5-10% to stop the jitter and recenter it.
If it`s the elite stick version, then in some cases additionally the manual offset adjustment could be needed.

easierTarget

Jan 16, 2023
You can increase the lower deadzone by 5-10% to stop the jitter and recenter it.
If it`s the elite stick version, then in some cases additionally the manual offset adjustment could be needed.
I did try that and it helped when the stick jittered near the center, but there was also the odd behavior of sticking nearly over 50% off center. Recalibrating without the restrictor ring made all these quirks go away.

Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I did try that and it helped when the stick jittered near the center, but there was also the odd behavior of sticking nearly over 50% off center. Recalibrating without the restrictor ring made all these quirks go away.
After calibration without the restrictor ring and setting dead zones to be used with restrictor ring, the issue doesn't come back?