Possible solution to prolonging towers and locking settings in place.

Lilkinsly

Verified member
May 4, 2023
I thought of this and I was wondering if anybody else has tried using those very small plastic zip ties to reinforce and secure things once you get stuff setup ”perfect.” You can thread it under the lower buttons and underneath each finger section. This would prevent the distance for each tower from changing and also towers tilting. You would still want to keep screws tight and not over tighten the zip ties, but it would take stress off P joints and prevent movements.

Each finger assembly would still move horizontally, but that could be addressed separately with ingenuity. My goal isn’t to alter, replace, void warranties or really change anything, just reinforce what is in place. I am extremely easy on my gear, but even my pinky tower makes me nervous and likes to shift.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I thought of this and I was wondering if anybody else has tried using those very small plastic zip ties to reinforce and secure things once you get stuff setup ”perfect.” You can thread it under the lower buttons and underneath each finger section. This would prevent the distance for each tower from changing and also towers tilting. You would still want to keep screws tight and not over tighten the zip ties, but it would take stress off P joints and prevent movements.

Each finger assembly would still move horizontally, but that could be addressed separately with ingenuity. My goal isn’t to alter, replace, void warranties or really change anything, just reinforce what is in place. I am extremely easy on my gear, but even my pinky tower makes me nervous and likes to shift.
Zip tie could be a good solution as you can remove it.
Some people glue stuff and later if the repair / replacement is needed for some parts it`s makes things more complicated