New Cyborg, middle finger button hat down button DoA.

fubeca150

Verified member
Jul 21, 2022
This is my 3rd Cyborg. (Got one for my wife, and this new one for the xbox elite v2 joystick). The buttons aren't sticking or stuck down, but instead are just dead. All the buttons on the Cyborg are releasing back up properly and seem like they have the correct tension.

However, two buttons seem dead.

When I press button #10 (middle finger) in Azeron Software the button does not register as being pushed at all regardless of the number of times I press and release.

When I press hat button down (button #30 in Azeron Software) sometimes (maybe 1 out of every 20 attempts) the button flickers in the software for a moment trying to register, but immediately goes dark.

All of the other buttons, hat directions, joystick, and hat press/joystick press appear to be working correctly.

Azeron shows Software v1.03, fw 77.

I tried resetting the device in Azeron Software, but these buttons still do not work.

Is there a diagram or something for me to open things up and check to see if a couple of specific wires got disconnected? Would the board or the button be the more likely culprit.

fubeca150

Verified member
Jul 21, 2022
I fixed the #10 button by opening it up and re-inserting the wire for that button.

It turns out my wife's Cyborg (one of the batches requiring rewasd) has the thumb button (#20) that never worked, but she wasn't interested in using that button until today when she found a use-case for it. Too funny. I should be able to fix that, though, assuming it's the same problem as the #10 button. I saw which wire it would be when I had mine open.

The hat, on the other hand, appears to be a problem in the joystick assembly. I can get the hat-down button to register a little bit if I move the hat down-left or down-right (the left/right part doesn't register for but "down" comes through instead. Shift it to Down, though, and the nothing comes through.

Is opening up the joystick assembly something customer should do? All the guides I saw on Youtube made it look like a completely modular replacement.

fubeca150

Verified member
Jul 21, 2022
The pov hat problem turns out to be something wrong with the actual printed hat. (The hat was pretty loose and fell off while I was testing things.) Using my finger to move the pov nub around registers correctly. Putting the hat back on and pushing "down" (#30) didn't register. Taking apart the assembly all the way and shifting the pov nub in its slot so the printed hat had more space made the "down" button register with the pov hat on. I can't get down-left, down-right, or up-right to register anymore, but up/down/left/right are working and that's what I use, so that's good enough for me.

Reactions: Im this guy

Ryan Thomas

Dec 15, 2022
I just got mine a week ago, and same issue #9 is not working. If I tinker with it, I can get it to work for 10 or so clicks, then stops again. I'm not comfortable taking it apart so soon after receiving as I would think it would work for a reasonable amount of time.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I just got mine a week ago, and same issue #9 is not working. If I tinker with it, I can get it to work for 10 or so clicks, then stops again. I'm not comfortable taking it apart so soon after receiving as I would think it would work for a reasonable amount of time.
email us on info@azeron.eu and our techincal support will be happy to assist you on that.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas