Need help downgrading Cyborg to firmware v60

user

Nov 14, 2022
Firmware versions past v60 are totally unstable/unusable on my classic compact, and my new Cyborg compact seems to be highly unstable as well. I have happily downgraded my classic to v60 and it works fine again, but I can't find instructions to downgrade my Cyborg, because it seems it does not have a teensy board.

How can I "reverse upgrade" my Cyborg back to the lower firmware version, given the Azeron manual says the manual flash procedure only applies to the teensy boards? The older v0.23.2 Azeron software doesn't even recognize the higher firmware revision Cyborg when it's plugged in (v1.2.1 recognizes the Cyborg running firmware v79b).

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Firmware versions past v60 are totally unstable/unusable on my classic compact, and my new Cyborg compact seems to be highly unstable as well. I have happily downgraded my classic to v60 and it works fine again, but I can't find instructions to downgrade my Cyborg, because it seems it does not have a teensy board.

How can I "reverse upgrade" my Cyborg back to the lower firmware version, given the Azeron manual says the manual flash procedure only applies to the teensy boards? The older v0.23.2 Azeron software doesn't even recognize the higher firmware revision Cyborg when it's plugged in (v1.2.1 recognizes the Cyborg running firmware v79b).
You won't be able to flash the Cyborg with tansy (board without the reset button ) board back to v60.
What issues are you having with the software?

user

Nov 14, 2022
You won't be able to flash the Cyborg with tansy (board without the reset button ) board back to v60.
What issues are you having with the software?
The Cyborg is being misrecognized by Windows 10 and is entirely unusable now, and has been for weeks. As in, it doesn't send joystick button events that this Windows machine recognizes at all. I'd like to try the lower firmware revision for the Cyborg in case the latest version has broken things for the Cyborg the way it breaks things for the classic.

As for the classic, the hardware simply does not function with anything beyond v60; it crashes regularly even attempting to push the hardware profile button on the side, much less being able to function as a gamepad. I've tried many different firmware versions/resets, etc, of the classic and only going back to v60 gets it to have functionality like "not hard crashing the entire device when the hardware profile button is pressed" or "sometimes doesn't light up either of the side LEDs at all if it's flashed past v60 and then doesn't work as a gamepad anyway". The device works great at v60, so I'll keep it there forever unless some future Azeron firmware fixes these bugs.

Ratchet style/upgrade-only firmware schemes is a poor design, in case of bugs or regressions like this. Once, Dell had to replace my entire computer motherboard under warranty because their BIOS upgrade caused the machine to stop recognizing my video card. They had no way for me to apply the BIOS revision right below it because the software refused to apply a "downgrade". Their solution was to send an entirely new motherboard out with the older BIOS on it.

user

Nov 14, 2022
Follow on question, is there any way for me to upgrade my Cyborg to the teensy board so I don't have to be locked into broken firmware revisions?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
As a last resort, we can try hard reboot.
Best to contact me on discord for that - mario9191#2453