My two Cyborgs are no longer detected by Win11.

Olle

Feb 2, 2023
I use two Cyborgs simultaneously to type (one left and one right). Yesterday they both became undetectable by Windows 11 after a restat. I assume Win11 upgraded itself or something that caused this problem. Here is the situation:

1. When I have the DeviceManager open, then plug in any of the Cyborgs, nothing happens. If I plug in a normal keyboard it pops up.
2. I downloaded the 1.26 Azeron software, but it's the same, it tells me to "plug-in your device" because it also doesn't see it.

The Cyborgs are rather new, perahps 6 months old. Never had any problems until now.

I configured these Cyborgs on another older Win machine, but IIRC they just worked immediately when I connected them to the Win11. I've used them on a Mac too before, and that worked well too. I'm reluctant to do the whole "reset firmware" thing until you guys tell me to, since I suspect this is a Win11 problem. It cannot possibly be hardware fault since BOTH Cyborgs stopped at the same time.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I use two Cyborgs simultaneously to type (one left and one right). Yesterday they both became undetectable by Windows 11 after a restat. I assume Win11 upgraded itself or something that caused this problem. Here is the situation:

1. When I have the DeviceManager open, then plug in any of the Cyborgs, nothing happens. If I plug in a normal keyboard it pops up.
2. I downloaded the 1.26 Azeron software, but it's the same, it tells me to "plug-in your device" because it also doesn't see it.

The Cyborgs are rather new, perahps 6 months old. Never had any problems until now.

I configured these Cyborgs on another older Win machine, but IIRC they just worked immediately when I connected them to the Win11. I've used them on a Mac too before, and that worked well too. I'm reluctant to do the whole "reset firmware" thing until you guys tell me to, since I suspect this is a Win11 problem. It cannot possibly be hardware fault since BOTH Cyborgs stopped at the same time.
Any other controllers connected or do you have rewasd running before we go in the fw reflashing ?

Does the LED light come on at all?

With Azeron connected ( even showing plug in your device ) go in the software / settings / having trouble and export the log and attach it here please.

Olle

Feb 2, 2023
Any other controllers connected or do you have rewasd running before we go in the fw reflashing ?

Does the LED light come on at all?

With Azeron connected ( even showing plug in your device ) go in the software / settings / having trouble and export the log and attach it here please.
Yes, the light come on when I plug it in. So the USB cable must be working. But as I said, BOTH stopped working at the same time, so it's no any hardware thing.

When I click "Settings -> Export Logs" nothnig happens. Perhaps there is nothing to export, since Azeron Software also don't think the Cyborgs are connected.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Yes, the light come on when I plug it in. So the USB cable must be working. But as I said, BOTH stopped working at the same time, so it's no any hardware thing.

When I click "Settings -> Export Logs" nothnig happens. Perhaps there is nothing to export, since Azeron Software also don't think the Cyborgs are connected.
It should still export something.
Uninstall the software along with the appdata as per guide -

Olle

Feb 2, 2023
Ok, I uninstalled the 1.26 according to this:

1. Control panel -> Azeron -> Uninstalled.
2. $HOME -> AppData -> Roaming -> azeron-software-v1 (removed)

But then it tells me to do the firmware. But I have questions here. I've seen another video that claims that teensy only works with older cyborgs. Mine is does not have a teensy inside, see pic. Should I still put v28 in here?

I mean, the Cyborgs still work on my Mac. There's nothing wrong with them. They are just not detected at all by my Win 11 machine.

Also, if I am to do a firmware change, isn't it better if I do it on my old Windows, where the Cyborgs are still working?

Attachments

• IMG_1711.jpeg
    IMG_1711.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Ok, I uninstalled the 1.26 according to this:

1. Control panel -> Azeron -> Uninstalled.
2. $HOME -> AppData -> Roaming -> azeron-software-v1 (removed)

But then it tells me to do the firmware. But I have questions here. I've seen another video that claims that teensy only works with older cyborgs. Mine is does not have a teensy inside, see pic. Should I still put v28 in here?

I mean, the Cyborgs still work on my Mac. There's nothing wrong with them. They are just not detected at all by my Win 11 machine.

Also, if I am to do a firmware change, isn't it better if I do it on my old Windows, where the Cyborgs are still working?
You have the black board installed, so the hex reinstallation won't help here. But the software has been reinstalled with appdata,that`s good.
If it gives error that the fw has failed, go through the guidE I have attached first.
If that doesn't le you update, then this-

Attachments

• Azeron_Failed_to_Update.pdf
    286.7 KB · Views: 97