Lefty conversion kit

Ardaen

Dec 14, 2021
I have upgraded from a classic keypad to a cyborg.
Since I habe the existing cclassickeypad around (not much hope in selling such a niche product on ebay) I'd love to still be able to use that by turning it into a right handed version, for the games where I want dual joystick input.
My suggestion is to offer a conversion kit for such purposes as part of your service part offering.
Currently I cannot find all the necessary parts in your "spare parts" page.
Thus kit would need to include:

Palmrest right hand version
Plastic baseplate RHV
Joystick casing + thumb rail

I think one can reuse (with some manual mods)

Rails (all but thumb)
Towers
PCBs
Joystick + dpad
Metal basepalte (by turning it around to mirror it, probably need to drill additional holes?)

Do you think its possible to offer such a kit?
Am I missing something and one would need much more parts/ my plan is not feasible due to other reasons?

I would really appreciate your feedback and support, if somebody has already done this.

apoguita

Apr 12, 2024
did you had any luck with this im i the exacto same situatiin, i have no use for a second rigt handed azeron, would be much useful.having one for each hand, do azeron sell the conversión kit ?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
did you had any luck with this im i the exacto same situatiin, i have no use for a second rigt handed azeron, would be much useful.having one for each hand, do azeron sell the conversión kit ?
We don't unfortunately.
Too many parts to change and too many things to look at to be sure the swap is sucessful.