Layering profile selection bug

Domantas

Dec 17, 2023
Trying to set up layering and when i want to select profile to switch to there is no scroll bar in the select window. I have almost 50 profiles but can only select first 20 because thats how much my screen fits.

Tried exporting all my profiles, and manually setting layeringProfileId property in json file, but when I import such profile layeringProfileId is ignored and left empty.

Attachments

• layering bug.png
    layering bug.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 37

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Trying to set up layering and when i want to select profile to switch to there is no scroll bar in the select window. I have almost 50 profiles but can only select first 20 because thats how much my screen fits.

Tried exporting all my profiles, and manually setting layeringProfileId property in json file, but when I import such profile layeringProfileId is ignored and left empty.
Thank you for noticing.
Will get fixed on next software release.
Currently you can try re-arranging the profiles in software, so the ones you need are further up, so you can create a layer swap for it.

Domantas

Dec 17, 2023
simply drag and dropping profiles in UI doesnt help. In layering menu profiles seem to be ordered that last created are last in the list, doesn't matter how they are ordered in UI.
The way I worked around this is to drag them up in UI, then export my profiles. In json file exported profiles are in the order they are represented in UI. Then I had to use "Reset Software profiles" in settings tab and re-import my profiles. After this I was able to select my wanted profiles in layering menu (cause i moved them up). The downside of this is that every profile lost layeringProfileId because its ignored on profile import.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
simply drag and dropping profiles in UI doesnt help. In layering menu profiles seem to be ordered that last created are last in the list, doesn't matter how they are ordered in UI.
The way I worked around this is to drag them up in UI, then export my profiles. In json file exported profiles are in the order they are represented in UI. Then I had to use "Reset Software profiles" in settings tab and re-import my profiles. After this I was able to select my wanted profiles in layering menu (cause i moved them up). The downside of this is that every profile lost layeringProfileId because its ignored on profile import.
That`s anoher bug then found.
Thank you for the workaround, hopefully it helps some1 !

Will see if we can add the search function in the layering menu as well, that should make it easier.

Last edited: