Keypad Idea

So I recently busted out my Azeron Keypad again after a year without use. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the keypad and the idea behind it. I think that if this continues to​
improve, we could see it become more mainstream. Now I was setting my keypad up again and I thought of an idea. What if Azeron made a keypad with more keyboard like switches. Below I'm going to go into detail of what I mean in specification of parts. Now note this is a thought for the Azeron Classic model but can be applied to other models.

Joystick
- Remove
-Add more switches instead

*What I'm going for is a more keyboard like model that will be easier for keyboard gamers. They can instead use the switches (like I do) for wasd and have more buttons for​
functions

Finger Switches (switches in the immediate proximity to your fingers)
-Replace with more keyboard like switches

*The switches will have a further actuation point and more tactile feel to them similar to when you are using a keyboard. This will be very helpful to fps fans and will lead to less mis clicks. I have far too many times mis clicked a switch which ruins the experience. With a more keyboard like switch, there wont be nearly as any of these mis clicks. Also make the floor switches not angle switches that pivot from a point to actuate, instead have keyboard switches that press straight down. I personally use these switches for wasd and it will give more tactile feedback and help the feeling of using these and help you feel more confident about every key press.

Everything else keep the same
I love everything else about this keypad. The ergonomics, the design, the ease of access to specific buttons; all great! I prefer the idea of a more keyboard like design because a​
keyboard is just superior in fps games. Look at Valorant and CSGO. You need to use switches for movement because of strafing and counter strafing. This will be a more fps friendly approach to a keypad and will defiantly be preferable to keyboard players than the current design.
Thank you so much for reading this. If you like my idea, please like so more people can see it and maybe it'll become a product. If you want to add any more suggestions or have​
any questions, comment below! I will be responding to people questions and suggestions.

Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
1667814863988.png

Reactions: BigUce

Firefight

Verified member
Nov 15, 2022
Think their whole premise was a keypad that still uses analog joystick.
This is already out there like that rendering
image.jpg

Gimpenstein

Verified member
Nov 12, 2022
Random cornfields in Iowa
I have that model and it's kinda depressing. The keys are a fake mechanical (like a clicky squid). Number 8 popped off and the metal tab vanished so now it doesn't click like the rest. It's not bad, but it's not that great either. The mouse wheel is positioned in a place that makes it inconvenient and the 20 button sticks randomly (hardware defect by design). Then there's the simple fact that it has too few keys.

Though, I may break it out again, since it's become clear I won't be getting a cyborg or cryo for xmas q.q stoopid inflation ate my presents.

Firefight

Verified member
Nov 15, 2022
I have that model and it's kinda depressing. The keys are a fake mechanical (like a clicky squid). Number 8 popped off and the metal tab vanished so now it doesn't click like the rest. It's not bad, but it's not that great either. The mouse wheel is positioned in a place that makes it inconvenient and the 20 button sticks randomly (hardware defect by design). Then there's the simple fact that it has too few keys.

Though, I may break it out again, since it's become clear I won't be getting a cyborg or cryo for xmas q.q stoopid inflation ate my presents.
I don’t use it at all, literally just collects dust. That’s the reason I have a cyborg on order give me an analog stick all day