Keybinding tips

BZA

Verified member
Feb 28, 2024
Hi! I got the Cyborg keypad a few months ago, and am really enjoying it. I have two tips for keybinding, one specific and one general:

First, in fast-paced (e.g. FPS) games, sometimes I hit buttons by accident, especially the four "outer" keys, and the one near the joystick. I figured out a solution (as long as it isn't something I need to be able to do *instantly*, but those are bound more centrally): I set Single Press to None, and instead bind the keystroke to Long Press, 350-500 milliseconds. Now, I only activate those bindings when I mean to.

Second, the best keybind advice I've gotten in 30 years of gaming, by far, is, "Don't bind hotkeys based on how often you use it, bind based on how fast you need to use it when you do." (Though I consider both.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi! I got the Cyborg keypad a few months ago, and am really enjoying it. I have two tips for keybinding, one specific and one general:

First, in fast-paced (e.g. FPS) games, sometimes I hit buttons by accident, especially the four "outer" keys, and the one near the joystick. I figured out a solution (as long as it isn't something I need to be able to do *instantly*, but those are bound more centrally): I set Single Press to None, and instead bind the keystroke to Long Press, 350-500 milliseconds. Now, I only activate those bindings when I mean to.

Second, the best keybind advice I've gotten in 30 years of gaming, by far, is, "Don't bind hotkeys based on how often you use it, bind based on how fast you need to use it when you do." (Though I consider both.)
As for the accidental presses, it could be that you are still getting used to the device or might have to readjust it.

But, if the long press workaround works for you, can't see the reason not to use it