IDEA FOR DEVS/AZERON

FinnPD

Sep 29, 2022
Hello All, I ran across this awesome device while searching for a keyboard alternative to play Escape From Tarkov. My fingers tend to wander and I throw a grenade when I meant to open a door. Yep, I'm that guy. Anyway I noticed that the design is 3d printed as a means for manufacturing some of the components. As an owner of a 3d printing service company, I think this is a great solution for adding the customized options for the design.

I went to order the Cyborg and saw a 1 month lead time. I can imagine that there are many factors to a 1 month lead time given the current situation with electronics components, but I bet that using FDM printers are also slowing the process down. This lead me to my idea that I wanted to share.

1. What do you think about offering a "Cyborg developer kit" where the customer simply buys the electrical components (non 3d printed parts list) directly from Azeron and we would be required to print our own parts using our own printers? 3D CAD Files would be supplied with the kit, and open source for full customization potential.

I know this sounds like a customer service nightmare when customers bombard you with "my cyborg isn't working!!" That is where the Developer Kits comes in. It is a build/use at your own risk for advanced users. I saw that the idea to use FDM printing as a means to produce product was inspired by the E-nable Project which provided prosthetic devices to kids who outgrow them quickly. The open source nature of E-nable really allows for rapid design development as well as production. You would have some INSANE designs pop up if the printed parts were open source. The software interface is still the most critical part of the product, and that would still be controlled by Azeron. After all, unlike E-nable, Azeron is a "for profit" organization... Curious to know what some shot callers at Azeron think of this idea. Thanks for your time!

Reactions: TWisTeD

Bizzy

Sep 19, 2022
Hello All, I ran across this awesome device while searching for a keyboard alternative to play Escape From Tarkov. My fingers tend to wander and I throw a grenade when I meant to open a door. Yep, I'm that guy. Anyway I noticed that the design is 3d printed as a means for manufacturing some of the components. As an owner of a 3d printing service company, I think this is a great solution for adding the customized options for the design.

I went to order the Cyborg and saw a 1 month lead time. I can imagine that there are many factors to a 1 month lead time given the current situation with electronics components, but I bet that using FDM printers are also slowing the process down. This lead me to my idea that I wanted to share.

1. What do you think about offering a "Cyborg developer kit" where the customer simply buys the electrical components (non 3d printed parts list) directly from Azeron and we would be required to print our own parts using our own printers? 3D CAD Files would be supplied with the kit, and open source for full customization potential.

I know this sounds like a customer service nightmare when customers bombard you with "my cyborg isn't working!!" That is where the Developer Kits comes in. It is a build/use at your own risk for advanced users. I saw that the idea to use FDM printing as a means to produce product was inspired by the E-nable Project which provided prosthetic devices to kids who outgrow them quickly. The open source nature of E-nable really allows for rapid design development as well as production. You would have some INSANE designs pop up if the printed parts were open source. The software interface is still the most critical part of the product, and that would still be controlled by Azeron. After all, unlike E-nable, Azeron is a "for profit" organization... Curious to know what some shot callers at Azeron think of this idea. Thanks for your time!
I really like this idea, hope to see something like this in future!

Reactions: TWisTeD