Help with Joystick

Ozlord

Nov 20, 2021
Hello guys. I'm trying to get the joystick to work in game but it currently is only detected in the keyboard mode. Once i switch to xbox 360 analog mode it doesn't do anything in game. I've tried PubG and Rocket League and I'm having the same issue in both games. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
PubG does not support 360, so can only be used in keyboard mode.
RL is tricky. After recent update the only way to get 360 at the moment is with help or reWASD.
Check this guide.

slattynan

Nov 25, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have been using PUBG with an analog stick for movement for years with over 2000 hours of game play, however It's not without its issues!

I stumbled across the Azeron keypad this week, and have to say I am impressed. I have been using a razer orbweaver I modified to have a analog stick from a PSP instead of the 4 directional existing thumbstick.

PUBG does work with the X-input library for the analog, I am assuming Azeron/PUBG state that PUBG isn't supported because PUBG has issues in the inventory switching from keyboard to controller mode (most games do from my experience, however in most cases it is just a case that the visual button guides keep switching from keyboard to controller modes).

To resolve this I configured PUBG run an walk buttons to toggle mode, and programmed the micro-controller to to emulate keyboard combinations to simulate walk, move and run movement in key presses; i.e. <33% engaged = walk key + movement keys, >32% - <66% engaged = movement keys and >65% engaged = run and movement keys simulated.

I notice in the Azeron software manual there doesn't appear to be a way to simulate key presses like this from the analog stick in keyboard mode. Right now this is stopping me hitting the purchase button on the site :(;).

Quick feedback on whether I am missing something, and or whether this could be added as a feature and I will purchase today.

Lastly if my input would be useful I am happy to discuss my experiences further, you guys have done an awesome job taking this much further than I have, but I have been experimenting on the same concept for 5 years+ so may have ideas around any remaining challenges you are facing.

Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi guys, I have been using PUBG with an analog stick for movement for years with over 2000 hours of game play, however It's not without its issues!

I stumbled across the Azeron keypad this week, and have to say I am impressed. I have been using a razer orbweaver I modified to have a analog stick from a PSP instead of the 4 directional existing thumbstick.

PUBG does work with the X-input library for the analog, I am assuming Azeron/PUBG state that PUBG isn't supported because PUBG has issues in the inventory switching from keyboard to controller mode (most games do from my experience, however in most cases it is just a case that the visual button guides keep switching from keyboard to controller modes).

To resolve this I configured PUBG run an walk buttons to toggle mode, and programmed the micro-controller to to emulate keyboard combinations to simulate walk, move and run movement in key presses; i.e. <33% engaged = walk key + movement keys, >32% - <66% engaged = movement keys and >65% engaged = run and movement keys simulated.

I notice in the Azeron software manual there doesn't appear to be a way to simulate key presses like this from the analog stick in keyboard mode. Right now this is stopping me hitting the purchase button on the site :(;).

Quick feedback on whether I am missing something, and or whether this could be added as a feature and I will purchase today.

Lastly if my input would be useful I am happy to discuss my experiences further, you guys have done an awesome job taking this much further than I have, but I have been experimenting on the same concept for 5 years+ so may have ideas around any remaining challenges you are facing.
In the Azeron software, you won't be able to currently map the stick like you have on your keypad, but check out the Rewasd, you should be able to map two zones, not entirely sure about 3 zones.