Hat Switch

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
Hello all,
First and foremost i want to compliment Team Azeron on this fantastic keypad it's a great product.
I came across my first real glitch this weekend, the positions on my "hat switch" changed.
Right is now Up and Left is Down and no matter how many times i rebind the keys it appears that it cannot be fixed, seems like the hat switch positions all rotated counter clockwise one full position.
I have performed all basic troubleshooting even did a clean reboot, installed older firmware (v50) and replaced it with V60, removed all the azeron files from my PC then reinstalled the current azeron software.
Rebooted everything and still the Hat Switch problem persists. I have a brand new azeron Compact that i plugged in (not sure what version Firmware is in it though) the hat switch was doing the same thing, seems like a software issue but im definitely not sure.
Anyone come across this issue?
Thank you
Andrew

Bizzy

Sep 19, 2022
If you got a brand new one it should not even work with old software or firmware, but I don't know up to which version is useable, lets wait for someone of the team to give more information.
But what I'm curious about if you got a brand new one and you got an older firmware installed that's probably the issue, cause the older boards compared to the newer boards are using different pins to connect the buttons, d-pad and thumbstick.
So probably you caused this issue with an probably to old firmware. If so, check the discord, verify yourself and watch for the channel #pre-release-software, get the newest beta driver and check again if it's work.
My cyborg is actually on the firmware number 76.

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
Hi Bizzy thanx for the reply And I know it’s a strange one haha. I’ve tried everything in my capability and I’m totally bummed i love this key pad it works amazing with the campaign I’m playing. i bought the two Azeron compacts within 2 weeks of each other, afraid I may have issues i didn‘t want to be stranded without it so I got a back up. I would image they would have the same firmware, but also there could have been an firmware upgrade in between the two, it’s been in my closet since then until Friday I think it was that I plugged it in to test it But it responded identically.
the timing of this was weird also, I wasnt in the software making changes I was mid game when I realized that trying to switch grenades was only turning my flashlight off and on LOL. I’ve remapped a few keys to compensate but that hat switch does a lot so it soaks up a lot of keys to compensate. Re binding a few keys is easy, remapping muscle memory is not. I’m going to take a quick video of the hat switch action

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
I want to mention that this is affecting the hat switch only. Everything else is function as it should be. I wouldn’t be against it being something i did, im hoping someone else did this too and figured it out how to undo it. It’s a total mystery to me how the hat switch rotates CCW one position.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hmm that is strange, please send us a video of the issue as I have never heard of this issue before

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone here’s a quick video of my hat switch issue. Running software version v59. Software version V0.23.1

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
ok Here’s the quick video and a screen shot of the software and firmware version. I just updated back to the V.0.23.2 and V60 firmware for a second time, I went back to the older versions to see if it was the new version just to rule it out. But now I’m back to 23.2 and V60. Hat switch issue remains.

Attachments

• 0CBCB777-CEE1-4B75-8198-BF02A5E84FBF.jpeg
    0CBCB777-CEE1-4B75-8198-BF02A5E84FBF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0118.MOV
    27.8 MB · Views: 0

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
ok Here’s the quick video and a screen shot of the software and firmware version. I just updated back to the V.0.23.2 and V60 firmware for a second time, I went back to the older versions to see if it was the new version just to rule it out. But now I’m back to 23.2 and V60. Hat switch issue remains.
Also want to point out something in the video, pay attention to when I toggle UP. When I toggle up the left key in the software is toggled, while the menu curser is moving down through the profiles and setting options. I removed the palm rest and checked all the screws on the teensy board and the short bank of ground wires to be sure they are seated properly and no loose wires anywhere, this unit is solid. whomever built this one, nice work!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Also want to point out something in the video, pay attention to when I toggle UP. When I toggle up the left key in the software is toggled, while the menu curser is moving down through the profiles and setting options. I removed the palm rest and checked all the screws on the teensy board and the short bank of ground wires to be sure they are seated properly and no loose wires anywhere, this unit is solid. whomever built this one, nice work!
You can rebind the buttons to anything. You can have down to up and vice versa. I thought the issue was that it doesn't let you change the binds.

Reactions: AZGUNS

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
You can rebind the buttons to anything. You can have down to up and vice versa. I thought the issue was that it doesn't let you change the binds.
how do i undo it? i want Up to be Up, left to be left. ect ect. I have no idea how i switched it.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Press on the button and then press the button on the keyboard that you want it changed for
1666347036759.png
1666347104421.png

Attachments

• 1666347057228.png
    1666347057228.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 83

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
Press on the button and then press the button on the keyboard that you want it changed for
View attachment 2429View attachment 2432
Ok I think I'm not explaining my issue properly. to put all binding issues to bed i just updated to the V1 Software and the V69 firmware (which loaded automatically). i have no profiles loaded, this keypad is completely reset. The software (both old and new) thinks my Hat Switch / 5 way switch is not positioned correctly. It registers UP as Left, LEFT as DOWN, DOWN as RIGHT, and RIGHT as UP. Again, this is a Completely Reset Keypad and wondering if the hat switch / 5w is miscommunicating this to the software. go back and watch the video again, that was also a completely reset key pad.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Ok I think I'm not explaining my issue properly. to put all binding issues to bed i just updated to the V1 Software and the V69 firmware (which loaded automatically). i have no profiles loaded, this keypad is completely reset. The software (both old and new) thinks my Hat Switch / 5 way switch is not positioned correctly. It registers UP as Left, LEFT as DOWN, DOWN as RIGHT, and RIGHT as UP. Again, this is a Completely Reset Keypad and wondering if the hat switch / 5w is miscommunicating this to the software. go back and watch the video again, that was also a completely reset key pad.
It is correct sequence. Put the Azeron on the side with thumbstick facing upwards. Pressing away from yourself will trigger up, pressing towards yourself will trigger down.
As mentioned before, it doesn't really mattter what sequence they are in anyway ( If it was wrong ) as you can change the binds.

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
It is correct sequence. Put the Azeron on the side with thumbstick facing upwards. Pressing away from yourself will trigger up, pressing towards yourself will trigger down.
As mentioned before, it doesn't really mattter what sequence they are in anyway ( If it was wrong ) as you can change the binds.
Hi There, Ok Azeron keypad on its side with thumbstick pointing up, clicking away from me triggers LEFT, clicking towards me triggers RIGHT. I've tried tricking the software into thinking it's in correct position with key binds but they do not translate "in game" no matter what i bind to them. tried a bunch of different things including your suggestion LEFT+DOWN+RIGHT in an attempt to reposition the 5w but nothing works. The only major thing i haven't done is remove the terminal blocks and wire direct to the Teensy board. Im confident in my ability to do that but It'll be time consuming and i don't think it'll change anything in the end to be honest. and I love this keypad so this is really killing me.

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
Hi There, Ok Azeron keypad on its side with thumbstick pointing up, clicking away from me triggers LEFT, clicking towards me triggers RIGHT. I've tried tricking the software into thinking it's in correct position with key binds but they do not translate "in game" no matter what i bind to them. tried a bunch of different things including your suggestion LEFT+DOWN+RIGHT in an attempt to reposition the 5w but nothing works. The only major thing i haven't done is remove the terminal blocks and wire direct to the Teensy board. Im confident in my ability to do that but It'll be time consuming and i don't think it'll change anything in the end to be honest. and I love this keypad so this is really killing me.
All you have to do is change the binding....
Just push whatever way you want to be up and set that direction as up and so on.... there is nothing else to it

Dirty Disco

Verified member
Apr 13, 2022
All you have to do is change the binding....
Just push whatever way you want to be up and set that direction as up and so on.... there is nothing else to it
You're not wrong AZGUNS, normally it is that simple but something different is going here with this. If I click UP on the 5w it registers in the software as LEFT,.. this is without any mapping or bindings at all, this keypad has been completely reset and zero profiles loaded in. Just to keep it simple,.. i can bind UP (even though it triggers LEFT in the software) to perform lets say SHOOT, it should just shoot when i click UP regardless of what the keys are doing in the software. but that doesn't work while I'm in game though, it doesn't respond, at all. thats not true, the push click on 5w does work normally and all the other keys on this keypad work normally, all the other keys do what i need them to do. only thing affected is UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT. i can bind an assignment to each but none of them work.
I want to add that I've been using this keypad since April and worked perfectly with my bindings until the 5w / hat switch issue happened about 2 weeks ago,... seemingly out of the blue.

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
You're not wrong AZGUNS, normally it is that simple but something different is going here with this. If I click UP on the 5w it registers in the software as LEFT,.. this is without any mapping or bindings at all, this keypad has been completely reset and zero profiles loaded in. Just to keep it simple,.. i can bind UP (even though it triggers LEFT in the software) to perform lets say SHOOT, it should just shoot when i click UP regardless of what the keys are doing in the software. but that doesn't work while I'm in game though, it doesn't respond, at all. thats not true, the push click on 5w does work normally and all the other keys on this keypad work normally, all the other keys do what i need them to do. only thing affected is UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT. i can bind an assignment to each but none of them work.
I want to add that I've been using this keypad since April and worked perfectly with my bindings until the 5w / hat switch issue happened about 2 weeks ago,... seemingly out of the blue.
Okay, the default on my keypad reads the same as your video right is up... Are you using on board memory? or a PC profile? Cause if you setup a profile and it is not turned on it won't work...
1666655307724.png

Are you saving it to onboard after setting up the new binding?

1666655484213.png

Reactions: Dirty Disco