Ground wire on LED not wired as in video

x7xHawkx7x

Dec 22, 2021
I just got my replacement tower and I'm following the video. The black ground wire wasn't wired to the ground block it was instead wired to the same spot as a yellow wire on the teensy board. This wire is not the black wire that is on the G pin that connects the teensy to the ground block. Was this installed wrong from the get go?

x7xHawkx7x

Dec 22, 2021
Well, Tower is installed. I switched the black wire to the grounding block and everything works, and now my LEDs work properly. They never worked as advertised, but since I never used the Onboard profiles, I never cared.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I just got my replacement tower and I'm following the video. The black ground wire wasn't wired to the ground block it was instead wired to the same spot as a yellow wire on the teensy board. This wire is not the black wire that is on the G pin that connects the teensy to the ground block. Was this installed wrong from the get go?
I want to know more here.
So your tower wasn't working and we sent the replacement, right ? Upon opening up you realised that the grounding (black) wire leading from the faulty tower was connected to the pin on teensy board (where the yellow wire should go). Which pin was it from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...wUEd83HLnrzD6jn3QIbucUIO4/edit#gid=1610250982

x7xHawkx7x

Dec 22, 2021
No, the tower snapped off at the ball connector. My LEDs have never worked as advertised. 1 LED for OBP 1 and 2 for OBP 2. As I was watching the video, I noticed that the ground lead for the LEDs was not connected to the Grounding Block. I have the older version of the Cyborg, and the ground wire for the LED was doubled up with another wire in Pin 40 on the Teensy board. Now that I moved it, the LEDs work properly. The only reason why I even noticed this issue was because I was following the video to replace the broken tower and a wire wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
No, the tower snapped off at the ball connector. My LEDs have never worked as advertised. 1 LED for OBP 1 and 2 for OBP 2. As I was watching the video, I noticed that the ground lead for the LEDs was not connected to the Grounding Block. I have the older version of the Cyborg, and the ground wire for the LED was doubled up with another wire in Pin 40 on the Teensy board. Now that I moved it, the LEDs work properly. The only reason why I even noticed this issue was because I was following the video to replace the broken tower and a wire wasn't where it was supposed to be.
So the ground wire coming from LED`s was in pin 40 along with the profile switch wire (orange,yellow) in your case?
1667399203158.png