GIVE ME A DECENT MOUSE FEATURE

Sid K.

Sep 17, 2022
Greetings,
I am a stroke survivor with 60% Left-Side paralysis. I have no viable use of my left hand for anything, especially for using a keyboard while I'm mousing with my right hand. I have found it necessary to reassign my NumPad keys on the right side of my keyboard for close proximity to my mouse in order to minimize travel time when I let go of the mouse to hit keys that cannot be programmed into the mouse due to limitations of the mice. A few days ago my nephew sent me a link for the Azeron Cyborg and I'm ecstatic about purchasing one however; I see one major reason to have doubts about purchasing your product.
I see a major improvement that could and SHOULD be made. Mousing with an extremely short joystick has an extremely steep muscle memory learning curve and in games requiring precise aiming will present a serious handicap to those who are already handicapped. I propose a solution which I not only think will solve the problem totally, but will also drastically improve the product.
Many years ago when I was still capable of building my own computers, I opted for a Logitech Track ball mouse and it was wonderful!
I highly suggest replacing the wonky thumb joystick with a mouse ball as a purchase option for the Cyborg models.
With proper acceleration software a mouse ball can provide both speedy cursor positioning and extremely precise pinpoint aiming control with total ease and eliminate the muscle memory learning curve of a joystick. Sure a joystick is fine for simple WASD, but it sucks for pinpoint aiming without MONTHS of practice.
The smooth speckled mouse ball should be able to be popped in place and have a quick release of some type to permit easy periodic cleaning of the optical sensor.

Not out of the game yet,
Sid

Last edited:

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
Greetings,
I am a stroke survivor with 60% Left-Side paralysis. I have no viable use of my left hand for anything, especially for using a keyboard while I'm mousing with my right hand. I have found it necessary to reassign my NumPad keys on the right side of my keyboard for close proximity to my mouse in order to minimize travel time when I let go of the mouse to hit keys that cannot be programmed into the mouse due to limitations of the mice. A few days ago my nephew sent me a link for the Azeron Cyborg and I'm ecstatic about purchasing one however; I see one major reason to have doubts about purchasing your product.
I see a major improvement that could and SHOULD be made. Mousing with an extremely short joystick has an extremely steep muscle memory learning curve and in games requiring precise aiming will present a serious handicap to those who are already handicapped. I propose a solution which I not only think will solve the problem totally, but will also drastically improve the product.
Many years ago when I was still capable of building my own computers, I opted for a Logitech Track ball mouse and it was wonderful!
I highly suggest replacing the wonky thumb joystick with a mouse ball as a purchase option for the Cyborg models.
With proper acceleration software a mouse ball can provide both speedy cursor positioning and extremely precise pinpoint aiming control with total ease and eliminate the muscle memory learning curve of a joystick. Sure a joystick is fine for simple WASD, but it sucks for pinpoint aiming without MONTHS of practice.
The smooth speckled mouse ball should be able to be popped in place and have a quick release of some type to permit easy periodic cleaning of the optical sensor.

Not out of the game yet,
Sid
Someone is way ahead of you, you can download the software and do this mod right now

See the VIDEO HERE

1663481392371.png

Sid K.

Sep 17, 2022
Someone is way ahead of you, you can download the software and do this mod right now

See the VIDEO HERE

View attachment 2090
You presume far too much. Actually I CAN'T do the mod because I don't have any equipment to make the parts, and have you EVER tried to do anything by only using one hand? I was an electronics technician in the military! I KNOW how to solder, but soldering requires the use of two hands! They say a picture is worth a thousand words but it seems you missed the most important parts of the mod information by ignoring the words. How am I supposed to assemble it even if I can source and purchase the parts? That is specifically why I strongly suggested that Azeron add it as a purchase option for the Cyborg - SO I CAN BUY IT! While I fully appreciate your concern and willingness to help; the solution you propose is unattainable for me or practically anyone with my disability. That is also not a modified Cyborg model. I don't even recognize it. What I want is an Azeron factory assembled Cyborg model with trackball mouse in place of the current joystick (not necessarily that big a ball) so I don't need to use the joystick as a mouse and suffer through the learning curve. The Logitech Trackball mouse ball was about 1.5 to 1.75 inches diameter and should snugly fit where the joystick currently is. Also if you bothered to read his mod, he had to design custom firmware because the Azeron software no longer works with his mod and he voided his warranty! I NEED it to work with tried and tested software AND firmware provided by Azeron with an intact warranty! I'm disabled and only receive a disability income! I can't afford to throw hundreds to the wind on mere hopes! And did you ever even consider how much of a learning curve is required to even do what the "someone" did? I read all 8 posted files for the mod! I don't even know what most of the gibberish is that he posted! I know one thing for certain - if any mistake is made within those files, the mod won't work - no matter how perfectly it is assembled otherwise! How am I supposed to even attempt to calibrate the trackball acceleration to my liking? Oh, but I can download the software and do this mod right now... WITH WHAT? A Genie in a bottle? I would gladly pay Azeron $250USD for a custom name tag Cyborg with a trackball instead of a joystick as long as it had fully calibratable mouse cursor acceleration and pinpoint aiming speeds, and both the flat and curved palm rest. Your somebody was already asked if he would sell them and his reply was it would be better if we did it ourselves. WHY? So he doesn't have to deal with product failures and limited sales due to "Sold As Is" requirements to keep him out of legal nightmares.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
You presume far too much. Actually I CAN'T do the mod because I don't have any equipment to make the parts, and have you EVER tried to do anything by only using one hand? I was an electronics technician in the military! I KNOW how to solder, but soldering requires the use of two hands! They say a picture is worth a thousand words but it seems you missed the most important parts of the mod information by ignoring the words. How am I supposed to assemble it even if I can source and purchase the parts? That is specifically why I strongly suggested that Azeron add it as a purchase option for the Cyborg - SO I CAN BUY IT! While I fully appreciate your concern and willingness to help; the solution you propose is unattainable for me or practically anyone with my disability. That is also not a modified Cyborg model. I don't even recognize it. What I want is an Azeron factory assembled Cyborg model with trackball mouse in place of the current joystick (not necessarily that big a ball) so I don't need to use the joystick as a mouse and suffer through the learning curve. The Logitech Trackball mouse ball was about 1.5 to 1.75 inches diameter and should snugly fit where the joystick currently is. Also if you bothered to read his mod, he had to design custom firmware because the Azeron software no longer works with his mod and he voided his warranty! I NEED it to work with tried and tested software AND firmware provided by Azeron with an intact warranty! I'm disabled and only receive a disability income! I can't afford to throw hundreds to the wind on mere hopes! And did you ever even consider how much of a learning curve is required to even do what the "someone" did? I read all 8 posted files for the mod! I don't even know what most of the gibberish is that he posted! I know one thing for certain - if any mistake is made within those files, the mod won't work - no matter how perfectly it is assembled otherwise! How am I supposed to even attempt to calibrate the trackball acceleration to my liking? Oh, but I can download the software and do this mod right now... WITH WHAT? A Genie in a bottle? I would gladly pay Azeron $250USD for a custom name tag Cyborg with a trackball instead of a joystick as long as it had fully calibratable mouse cursor acceleration and pinpoint aiming speeds, and both the flat and curved palm rest. Your somebody was already asked if he would sell them and his reply was it would be better if we did it ourselves. WHY? So he doesn't have to deal with product failures and limited sales due to "Sold As Is" requirements to keep him out of legal nightmares.
We are not planning on making Azeron with trackball in the near future. Cheddar migt be the best solution for you - https://forum.azeron.eu/index.php?forums/conceptcheddar.42/

AZGUNS suggested a way to get what you asked for. He is unaware of your income, home tools or whether or not you have ability to do that or have any friends, colleagues capable of creating the mod.

Reactions: TWisTeD

Sid K.

Sep 17, 2022
We are not planning on making Azeron with trackball in the near future. Cheddar migt be the best solution for you - https://forum.azeron.eu/index.php?forums/conceptcheddar.42/

AZGUNS suggested a way to get what you asked for. He is unaware of your income, home tools or whether or not you have ability to do that or have any friends, colleagues capable of creating the mod.
That is precisely why I said he presumes too much. An Azeron with trackball would blow everything else out of the water and greatly expand their market share of gaming peripherals. Azeron should seriously consider this modification of an already good product and make it outstanding. Nothing else on the market would even come close!

Sid K.

Sep 17, 2022
I just figured if you had the income to buy an Azeron surly you had the income to buy a track ball my bad bro
Somehow you seemed to have missed the most important thing I wrote and I wrote it first for a reason!
"I am a stroke survivor with 60% Left-Side paralysis. I have no viable use of my left hand for anything,..."
I can buy a trackball! I can buy an Azeron! I can't do the mod because I don't have a 3D printer; nor do I want to purchase one and learn how to use it just for one part! I can't do the mod because I have no clue what the language even is in the firmware and software files he wrote! I can't do the mod because TWO hands are needed to do the mod. It is much more a question of capability rather than money. I most certainly appreciate your willingness to try to help, but unless you are disabled yourself - your whole perspective on the capabilities of others seems a bit off target. I had my stroke when I was living in Virginia. The hospital corporation transferred me from their ICU to their stroke rehab facility and then refused to release me because I was single and living by myself and they said it was a liability issue. My sister drove from SE North Carolina and picked up her son in Raleigh and they came to Virginia and effected my release to her home. After a few years of collecting a Disability Retirement Pension from the military I acquired my own place to rent. I still don't know the area. I don't go anywhere and moderator I'm this guy also chimed in that my friends or colleagues might be able to do the mod. He also presumes too much. I don't know anybody here. I'm this guy also pointed me to a product that isn't even available for purchase yet.
I've been living in "quarantine" long before the Covid outbreak. People said they were going bonkers after only a few weeks of being shut in. I honestly don't know why. I've been alone since November 2017 with not one person come to visit. I go to my medical and dental appointments. I shop online for groceries for home delivery since the pandemic. I know what I want and I want an Azeron Cyborg with a trackball mouse in place of that joystick with tried and true customizable mouse acceleration software for it along with an intact product warranty, and I'm willing to pay the cost for it!

Last edited:

Sid K.

Sep 17, 2022
A FEW QUESTIONS:
Can the Azeron Cyborg Joystick be programmed in the software settings so it can be used as a mouse?
If so, HOW?
If so, How much pinpoint aiming can be done with it without jumping the cursor everywhere at the slightest movement of the joystick?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
A FEW QUESTIONS:
Can the Azeron Cyborg Joystick be programmed in the software settings so it can be used as a mouse?

If so, HOW?
If so, How much pinpoint aiming can be done with it without jumping the cursor everywhere at the slightest movement of the joystick?
You can use Joytoykey (free) or reWASD to change the thumbstick to act as a mouse cursor. Azeron software will only be able to run it as a right joystick in-game.
You can configure the sensitivity to your liking, I have only tried to set it up and haven't playet around with cursor sensitivity as didn't have a need for it.