Found one fix for "Device profiles are corrupt. Please reconnect the device..."

Ayeager77

Verified member
Mar 20, 2024
This is an FYI instead of a request for assistance. I hope that this may help others that experience this issue, either by them reading it or if you deem it worthy, passing this along when assisting them. If not, then I will remove this if needed.

I have a refurb Cyborg. I've been having a couple of issues pop up sporadically. One being that the joystick would digitally stick/glitch in the equivalent of the W direction of WASD and I'd have to unplug the device to reset it. Also, after going AFK for extended periods I'd get the "Device profiles are corrupt. Please reconnect the device..." error window for the OBM profiles and they would reset to default. I came across a web forum post from Azeron stating to check for the thumb stick ground wire needing relanding. After taking the palm rest off and digging in, I noticed several screw terminals had the telltale springy feel on multiple landings. Most importantly the ground jumper wire that runs from the common ground block to the #1 termination for the board (black board). As I verified all landings, I found multiple wires were stripped so poorly that there was less then 1mm of exposed wire and the only reason any contact was made was due to how tight the terminals were. I have corrected this and have yet to experience another corrupt profile indication.

Attachments

• Bad Landing.jpg
    Bad Landing.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
This is an FYI instead of a request for assistance. I hope that this may help others that experience this issue, either by them reading it or if you deem it worthy, passing this along when assisting them. If not, then I will remove this if needed.

I have a refurb Cyborg. I've been having a couple of issues pop up sporadically. One being that the joystick would digitally stick/glitch in the equivalent of the W direction of WASD and I'd have to unplug the device to reset it. Also, after going AFK for extended periods I'd get the "Device profiles are corrupt. Please reconnect the device..." error window for the OBM profiles and they would reset to default. I came across a web forum post from Azeron stating to check for the thumb stick ground wire needing relanding. After taking the palm rest off and digging in, I noticed several screw terminals had the telltale springy feel on multiple landings. Most importantly the ground jumper wire that runs from the common ground block to the #1 termination for the board (black board). As I verified all landings, I found multiple wires were stripped so poorly that there was less then 1mm of exposed wire and the only reason any contact was made was due to how tight the terminals were. I have corrected this and have yet to experience another corrupt profile indication.
Thank you for sharing !