Flat or Curved/Cyborg or Compact

Cohollow

Mar 21, 2024
Hi there! I've had my eyes on Azeron for some time and think it may be about time to pick one up. Keyboards have been a struggle for some time because I'm often gaming in different locations with ever changing and nonoptimal spaces, making the wide and inflexible keyboard pretty troublesome. My available space and hand positioning will be constantly changing from setting to setting so I'd very much like to make sure I get the right thing for my needs. I get the feeling that the compact may be the best choice since it will never have a permanent placement and will often find itself in transport, but am a bit concerned about constantly moving it about with it's many appendages. Also, the curved palm rest looks comfortable and good for keeping my hand in place, but I suspect the flat might be better considering my more unique use case of gaming in a variety of different positions. Another thing I was considering is the size. I have a 20cm hand so the large would likely be optimal, but I wonder if the medium would be preferable for how I'm using it. I don't really know how significant the difference with the two sizes is. I would very much like to get some advice on how to best go about trying to utilize this gamepad and if it will be a proper fit for what I require. Please let me know what you recommend and any other information or factors I might wish to consider before purchase.

Reactions: Im this guy

Sabrana

Apr 16, 2024
Hi you
Your situation is very specific. Hard to help you.
What I can say:
- Bought both palm rests because unlike you I have pretty small hands. Barely reach the minimum size. And I've been using only the flat one for over a year now. I'm very comfotable with it and the keys positions are enough for me to steady my hand. The curved palm rest is more incomfortable for me since I do have to move a little for my pinky to reach every keys. Both palm rests have the same shape but for the bottom part. Don't think it will make a lot of difference for you. And if your settings keep changing maybe the flat one will be more practical for you?
- As for the keypad itself. I've got the Cyborg. It's pretty solid. It fell twice on hard floor, directly on the keys ofc... Nothing broke. But I had to order new Tower Joint set today because one screw finally got loose. So if you keep moving your keypad in your luggage, I guess the compact one might handle it better.

But you have to keep in mind something important about this device. It takes quite some time to adjust it to your hand to get a 'natural' feeling. You keep coming back to it to adjust this or that. And if it falls it's aaaargh, because you have to redo it all! If you want to take it with you everywhere, you better find a way to protect it from anything disturbing/pushing/compressing.. this adjustement, whichever pad you choose Cyborg or Compact.

Hope this will give you some clues to choose.

Reactions: Im this guy