Disappointment and Misleading Customer Care with Azeron Cyborg Compact – A Personal Experience

dissatisfied

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am here to share my frustrating experience with the Azeron Cyborg Compact gaming keypad. As a previous owner of an Azeron Classic, which I had to discard due to continuous button failures and poor build quality, I approached Azeron's customer service team before purchasing the Cyborg Compact. I inquired specifically about any improvements made since my last experience, especially concerning the build quality that previously seemed to be 3D-printed and of low standard. The customer support assured me of upgraded materials and overall enhancement in quality.

Relying on these assurances, I purchased the Azeron Cyborg Compact last year, hoping for a better experience. Unfortunately, it has been nothing but a repeat of my previous disappointment. The Cyborg Compact showed similar issues with unstable connections, buttons requiring multiple presses to register, and overall unreliability.

What adds to the frustration is Azeron's customer support approach. While they present themselves as helpful, their actual assistance is limited to suggesting the customer undertake DIY repairs. They provide links to videos for guidance, which, in my experience, are not particularly helpful. Moreover, they expect the customer to bear the cost of sending the product back for any servicing, which, given the build quality, feels unreasonable. There is a lack of adequate warranty service and an expectation to disassemble the device, which is not only daunting but also seems unfair given the device's fragile construction.

This experience has left me disillusioned with Azeron's products and customer service. The outward appearance of helpful support contrasts sharply with the reality of being left to deal with issues largely on your own. I am sharing this to caution potential buyers and to see if others have had similar experiences with Azeron products.

Any insights or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am here to share my frustrating experience with the Azeron Cyborg Compact gaming keypad. As a previous owner of an Azeron Classic, which I had to discard due to continuous button failures and poor build quality, I approached Azeron's customer service team before purchasing the Cyborg Compact. I inquired specifically about any improvements made since my last experience, especially concerning the build quality that previously seemed to be 3D-printed and of low standard. The customer support assured me of upgraded materials and overall enhancement in quality.

Relying on these assurances, I purchased the Azeron Cyborg Compact last year, hoping for a better experience. Unfortunately, it has been nothing but a repeat of my previous disappointment. The Cyborg Compact showed similar issues with unstable connections, buttons requiring multiple presses to register, and overall unreliability.

What adds to the frustration is Azeron's customer support approach. While they present themselves as helpful, their actual assistance is limited to suggesting the customer undertake DIY repairs. They provide links to videos for guidance, which, in my experience, are not particularly helpful. Moreover, they expect the customer to bear the cost of sending the product back for any servicing, which, given the build quality, feels unreasonable. There is a lack of adequate warranty service and an expectation to disassemble the device, which is not only daunting but also seems unfair given the device's fragile construction.

This experience has left me disillusioned with Azeron's products and customer service. The outward appearance of helpful support contrasts sharply with the reality of being left to deal with issues largely on your own. I am sharing this to caution potential buyers and to see if others have had similar experiences with Azeron products.

Any insights or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.
I`m sorry to hear about experience you had with us.
Would you be able to pm me the email address, so I can go through all the communication you have had with us ?

dissatisfied

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024
My Cyborg has constant connection problems with my XIM. No matter which version of XIM software I install. I am slowly ruling out the XIM software in any case, because all other keyboards also work with it. Since yesterday I have also connected a USB hub with its own power supply between the Azeron and the XIM to rule out possible power shortages if the Azeron needs too much power, but that doesn't help either. I have installed version 1.40. Is it possible that the device causes a short circuit on the circuit boards after a while? Super annoying. I already had huge problems with my first Azeron Classic and the Cyborg here is somehow just as cheaply made.
Sometimes it also feels as if you have to press buttons twice to get a signal.
So far I don't have an adequate answer.

dissatisfied

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024
Addition:

I saw in another thread that new teensy boards were already installed at the end of 2022, you can tell by whether you still have a reset button. i.e. I was seriously sold some old one from the stock anyway, even after I explicitly asked support if something had finally been improved on the device?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
My Cyborg has constant connection problems with my XIM. No matter which version of XIM software I install. I am slowly ruling out the XIM software in any case, because all other keyboards also work with it. Since yesterday I have also connected a USB hub with its own power supply between the Azeron and the XIM to rule out possible power shortages if the Azeron needs too much power, but that doesn't help either. I have installed version 1.40. Is it possible that the device causes a short circuit on the circuit boards after a while? Super annoying. I already had huge problems with my first Azeron Classic and the Cyborg here is somehow just as cheaply made.
Sometimes it also feels as if you have to press buttons twice to get a signal.
So far I don't have an adequate answer.
Let`s work trough and see what we can find, got to narrow it down first to find the fix

dissatisfied

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024
Just to give this thread a proper update.
My Azeron device had connection issues and kept freezing in the middle of games. In addition, the keys froze.
After a lot of back and forth, I was finally able to send the device to the manufacturer.
It stayed there for several weeks and the screws were loosened and tightened and apparently the PCB board was also replaced.

The device came back to me after several weeks and 3 buttons no longer worked and in addition, the device also froze when playing and had dropouts.

The first repair attempt has therefore been made.

Today on 07.03.2024:
I contacted "Mario" again and told him about it.
He then said that it could be due to the USB power supply as far as the dropouts are concerned and he also sent me instructions on how to disassemble the device myself to check the cables for the non-functioning buttons.
For me, this means that they tried to repair the device and damaged it even more than before.

I have now requested another return label and will send it back to Azeron (2nd time!).

I hereby ask you to repair the device as a second attempt and to check your work afterwards (test it!).

I doubt that 3 cables have come loose from the PCB board in the package on the way to me. You must also check your repairs before it is sent back to the customer.