Cyborg not working after Update

Kiligan

Verified member
Jan 24, 2023
Hi,

i wanted to update the Azeron software to V1.41. The Keybord works perfectly fine until then.
OS is Windows 10

Downloaded the latest Version of it and after the successful Installation it wanted to update the firmware as well, done this, was succesfull then the Screen comes up to calibrate the Analog Stick and move it in full cycles. I did this several times and waited a few minutes and nothing happend so i did cancel this step.

After that when i start the Software it was unable to connect the Cyborg, disconnected it from USB and it was found again (more or less)
Profiles were were deleted as it was written in the patch notes. But i could not create a new one or anything else in this Section.
When i try to import my old Profils the Software seems to crash also.

In the Settings Menu i see the Software Version 1.41 and the Firmware Version 86b.
In the Software the Switch for the LED is Turned on but it does nothing on the Device itself, when i try to switch it the Software itselfs hangs a little until the Point again is reached where it would just crash.

Reinstalled everything with the Clean Reset Tutorial until I get to the point with the teensy Software where i should press the Reset Button on the Device, since i have the new Board there was no Reset Button so i could not do this.
I could launch the Cyborg into the Bootloader Mode with the three Button Press (LED was on) but the Device is not shown under the USB Controllers, atleast not under some DFU Device.
I did try to reinstall the Firmeware within the Software and it just says "Failed to Update Firmware". I did also try the "Reset Device" which also did not help, so i could not reinstall the firmware again or change it.

I did also try the Cube Programmer Software to change the Firmware, but when i should download the Software on the Device? it says "Error: failed to download Segment[0]"

Under the Gamecontrollers Tab in Windows the Azeron Keybord is shown twice "Azeron Keypad Direct Input" when i open the Characteristics Window none of the Buttons where responsive.

No idea what else I should try to make it work again

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi,

i wanted to update the Azeron software to V1.41. The Keybord works perfectly fine until then.
OS is Windows 10

Downloaded the latest Version of it and after the successful Installation it wanted to update the firmware as well, done this, was succesfull then the Screen comes up to calibrate the Analog Stick and move it in full cycles. I did this several times and waited a few minutes and nothing happend so i did cancel this step.

After that when i start the Software it was unable to connect the Cyborg, disconnected it from USB and it was found again (more or less)
Profiles were were deleted as it was written in the patch notes. But i could not create a new one or anything else in this Section.

In the Settings Menu i see the Software Version 1.41 and the Firmware Version 86b.
In the Software the Switch for the LED is Turned on but it does nothing on the Device itself, when i try to switch it the Software itselfs hangs a little until the Point again is reached where it would just crash.

Reinstalled everything with the Clean Reset Tutorial until I get to the point with the teensy Software where i should press the Reset Button on the Device, since i have the new Board there was no Reset Button so i could not do this.
I could launch the Cyborg into the Bootloader Mode with the three Button Press (LED was on) but the Device is not shown under the USB Controllers, atleast not under some DFU Device.
I did try to reinstall the Firmeware within the Software and it just says "Failed to Update Firmware". I did also try the "Reset Device" which also did not help, so i could not reinstall the firmware again or change it.

I did also try the Cube Programmer Software to change the Firmware, but when i should download the Software on the Device? it says "Error: failed to download Segment[0]"

Under the Gamecontrollers Tab in Windows the Azeron Keybord is shown twice "Azeron Keypad Direct Input" when i open the Characteristics Window none of the Buttons where responsive.

Attachments

• Azeron_Failed_to_Update.pdf
    286.7 KB · Views: 94

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Try the file I have attached.
When you were downloading the file in SMT, did you use .hex or .bin file ?

Kiligan

Verified member
Jan 24, 2023
Thank you for the quick response

I still haven't found a DFU device in the Device Manager but was able to find the STM bootloader, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it.
Afterwards i did use the .bin File for the Firmware in the SMT Tool and this time it worked.

Unplugged the Device and opend the Azeron Software, Plugged it in Again when the message to "Plugin your device" was on Screen, then it show connecting and shorty after that again "Select your Device" the Cyborg did not show up in the Setting Window.

Strangely now, the right-hand LED lights up for 10 seconds, flashes once more and then goes out.
I can also no longer put the device into bootloader mode, as it shows the same behavior as already mentioned above.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Thank you for the quick response

I still haven't found a DFU device in the Device Manager but was able to find the STM bootloader, uninstalled it and then reinstalled it.
Afterwards i did use the .bin File for the Firmware in the SMT Tool and this time it worked.

Unplugged the Device and opend the Azeron Software, Plugged it in Again when the message to "Plugin your device" was on Screen, then it show connecting and shorty after that again "Select your Device" the Cyborg did not show up in the Setting Window.

Strangely now, the right-hand LED lights up for 10 seconds, flashes once more and then goes out.
I can also no longer put the device into bootloader mode, as it shows the same behavior as already mentioned above.
Try
Instead of installing the latest firmware, try one before than followed by the latest reinstallation

Garondar

Dec 9, 2021
Hi, i have the same problem, i have follow and try the solutions posted here, but i can't try the hard reset, i can't find the boot pannel.
And i have try to reinstall one firmware before but don't work either :/
IMG20240110171345.jpg

Kiligan

Verified member
Jan 24, 2023
The hard reset helped, I was able to install the firmware again afterwards.

I installed the penultimate firmware and then the latest one again, but the error still remained that the device was not displayed under the profiles but it did now appear in the Settings Window.
I did a clean software installation (1.41) again but the error still persisted, nothing was displayed under the profiles

Then I installed the old software version 1.21 with Firemware 79b again and after that it worked perfectly fine.
So I'm back to the old status before the whole software update etc. but at least I can use the device again now.

Thank you very much for the help and the workarounds for the problems :)

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
The hard reset helped, I was able to install the firmware again afterwards.

I installed the penultimate firmware and then the latest one again, but the error still remained that the device was not displayed under the profiles but it did now appear in the Settings Window.
I did a clean software installation (1.41) again but the error still persisted, nothing was displayed under the profiles

Then I installed the old software version 1.21 with Firemware 79b again and after that it worked perfectly fine.
So I'm back to the old status before the whole software update etc. but at least I can use the device again now.

Thank you very much for the help and the workarounds for the problems :)
I`d say, give it a another go on the latest softwware, or atleast 1.4.0

Garondar

Dec 9, 2021
Okay so i had to do it multiple time because i don't know how to read.
So for other people, when you do the clean reset, make sure when you are using Tennsy to get the good .hex
For exemple :
1704962110015.png

I open teensy from the file : Azeron-frimware-28
But when i will click on the buton for search a .hex :
1704962214275.png

It will open the last .hex i have use with Teensy
Don't be like me, read the version and change if it's not correct.

And it's working fine for the cyborg, thanks you ! :)

PS : Cyborg finally on version -80 and software on version 1.4.1.

Reactions: Im this guy

SethRedmond

Jan 17, 2024
Hi,

OS is Windows 10

Last edited:
Reactions: Codeine

bre

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024
Have the same problem with my cyborg, i tried the "twizers" but it does not seem to upload, the tinzy ui says azeron-fw-cyborg-80 ..96% , have tried several times, no update. Have a Rev A 02/21 :/

i see the device as a keyboard in win 11

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Have the same problem with my cyborg, i tried the "twizers" but it does not seem to upload, the tinzy ui says azeron-fw-cyborg-80 ..96% , have tried several times, no update. Have a Rev A 02/21 :/

i see the device as a keyboard in win 11
Tried any other firmwares ?
Does it re-program it, or any error occurs ?

Try a different usb port, preferably motherboard port at the back with no hubs in between

bre

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024

Try a different usb port, preferably motherboard port at the back with no hubs in between

Hi

1) Twizers -> connect
2) dont get the described USB conect (have tried different ports )

No errors with tiny, it does not seem to do anything att all.

have more or less tried all Cyborg/cyborg non of them will flash.. have the tincy in verbose mode.. only time i saw it tried to flas was when i opened th 1.41.1 but it failed halfway or so.. further more i dont know when its entring the "boot" mode.. would have been nice with some led change like blinking.

did try to install the USB drive, but win 11 that it has a better one and would not let me install it.

Device manager does not show any Avzeron unit, But in Bluetooth & devices in win 11 it shows Azeron keypad.

when i open 1.41.1 it shows that i have FW 86b but i cant do any thing else .. and no keybindigs.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi

1) Twizers -> connect
2) dont get the described USB conect (have tried different ports )

No errors with tiny, it does not seem to do anything att all.

have more or less tried all Cyborg/cyborg non of them will flash.. have the tincy in verbose mode.. only time i saw it tried to flas was when i opened th 1.41.1 but it failed halfway or so.. further more i dont know when its entring the "boot" mode.. would have been nice with some led change like blinking.

did try to install the USB drive, but win 11 that it has a better one and would not let me install it.

Device manager does not show any Avzeron unit, But in Bluetooth & devices in win 11 it shows Azeron keypad.

when i open 1.41.1 it shows that i have FW 86b but i cant do any thing else .. and no keybindigs.
Is it the green or black board you have installed ?
Unscrew the palmrest and see

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Thank you.
To identify boot mode - press on the profile switch, the LED lights won't change.
Whilst plugging in with holding three buttons, you should hear connect, then once you release the buttons disconnect and then connect again.
See the guide I have attached below.

Attachments

• Azeron_Failed_to_Update.pdf
    286.7 KB · Views: 39

bre

Verified member
Jan 26, 2024
Have followed the PDF that you Attached. after following the instructions i can see the now "Stm boot loader" , unplugged then started Azeon software, but it still failed to update the firmware v80. i also tested the twicers, and i saw it enable the stm bootloader, but i was still not able to upgrade that way either.

To identify boot mode - press on the profile switch, the LED lights won't change.
Yes the pad goes in to boot mode.

Last edited: