Cleaning tips?

BZA

Verified member
Feb 28, 2024
Hi :) My new Cyborg keypad is shiny and clean, but if my keyboard and mouse are anything to go by, it will eventually need to be cleaned. (I don't do anything overtly messy at my desk, but normal use adds up for me. Also, I have a cat.) My keyboard is pretty easy to clean thoroughly. The keypad looks like it will be difficult to clean, especially the grip tape and buttons. Any tips?

Last edited:

Avalon666

Feb 14, 2024
Good question, I would also like to know;

My idea so far would be to blow away dust or carefully remove it with a feather duster. Other residues with a damp cloth. In any case, nothing containing alcohol or acetone.

Reactions: BZA

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi :) My new Cyborg keypad is shiny and clean, but if my keyboard and mouse are anything to go by, it will eventually need to be cleaned. (I don't do anything overtly messy at my desk, but normal use adds up for me. Also, I have a cat.) My keyboard is pretty easy to clean thoroughly. The keypad looks like it will be difficult to clean, especially the grip tape and buttons. Any tips?
Dusting off
Isopropyl

Reactions: Avalon666 and BZA

BZA

Verified member
Feb 28, 2024
Dusting off
Isopropyl
Just to clarify: Avalon said avoid alcohol but you are saying alcohol is fine, correct? On the grip tape too?

edit: after watching the video, I am guessing the answer is "yes", so never mind... but I don't see a way for me to delete this

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Just to clarify: Avalon said avoid alcohol but you are saying alcohol is fine, correct? On the grip tape too?

edit: after watching the video, I am guessing the answer is "yes", so never mind... but I don't see a way for me to delete this
No acetone please )

Ament2000

Mar 6, 2024
I love my Cyro too, but the scroll wheel can be a bit finicky at times. I had a few calls where it almost looked like it was going to break, but luckily I was able to fix it with a can of compressed air to clean the basket random of dust or debris. It may well be worth a try, even though it's out of warranty.

Last edited: