Azeron Cyro on Linux

Lycanite

Mar 2, 2023
Firstly I'm aware that Linux isn't supported, so I'm not execting any dedicated drivers or anything just basic functionality. I've been using the Azeron Classic and Cyborg on Linux and it's been excellent, love the pair of them, I've been using Antimicro to configure them both exactly as I need with multiple profiles, per game profiles, etc.
I got the Cyro assuming it would work the same but on initially plugging it in it did nothing at all, so I plugged it into an old windows machine, installed the drivers and then configured the onboard profiles, however on plugging it into my main Linux system it still does nothing, it's like it's not selecting any onboard profile by default which the other Azeron devices do perfectly fine. Is there any way to correct this like a setting I can apply on Windows so that the device can use an onboard profile without drivers? I was able to do this with other devices like the Switfpoint Z where it had Windows only drivers but onboard profiles that can be set for driverless usage.
This could be important for Windows systems without the driver as well making the device more portable, etc.
Really hoping to get this working because it's an awesome piece of hardware but there's no chance I'd ever return to windows after being away for it for many years now!
Edit: This also applies to the steam deck which is what I use my classic on now when away from home.

Lycanite

Mar 2, 2023
Good news! I updated my system (Manjaro, Linux Kernel 6.1) and now it works! It's using the onboard profile and can be mapping via antimicro! I set most of the mappings to gamepad inputs for easy remapping via antimicro.

Reactions: Im this guy