Azeron Cyborg "black board" dont work after firmware update

exeth3r

Mar 24, 2024
Hello Community and Azeron Team,

after a Update Fail via Azeron Software 1.4.1 my Cyborg didn't start if i plug it in my pc, no led's are lighting up, no reacon from pc or the keyboard. I can only start the keyboard if i use the hard reset method with the twizzers on the both boot plates. If i try to install the firmware with StM32CubeProgrammer it says download complete but it dont erasing the Sectors and rewriting them. I hope someone can help me :(

Reactions: willis7202

Deni336

Apr 1, 2024
I am also having this issue except when I try to run the StM32 exe, it gives me a corrupt JRE error. I have tried multiple versions. I was using my Cyborg today and decided to do a software/firmware update from 1.1.2 and now nothing works. I cant see/change profiles. I just have the one power light on.

willis7202

Apr 6, 2024
I am having this exact same issue. STM is identifying the Cyborg. I have used the tweezer method and the "hold 3 button" method, both are successful at allowing STM to find my device. I have tried every azeron-fw-cyborg-62-80.hex with both methods. It says: "Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:" then "Not flash Memory : No erase done" then "Download in Progress:" then "Error: failed to download Segment[0]" then "Error: failed to download the File". Hope this helps identify the issue.

I should have also mentioned... I tried on a different computer with a fresh azeron software install as well.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I am having this exact same issue. STM is identifying the Cyborg. I have used the tweezer method and the "hold 3 button" method, both are successful at allowing STM to find my device. I have tried every azeron-fw-cyborg-62-80.hex with both methods. It says: "Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:" then "Not flash Memory : No erase done" then "Download in Progress:" then "Error: failed to download Segment[0]" then "Error: failed to download the File". Hope this helps identify the issue.

I should have also mentioned... I tried on a different computer with a fresh azeron software install as well.
use the .BIN file instead

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello Community and Azeron Team,

after a Update Fail via Azeron Software 1.4.1 my Cyborg didn't start if i plug it in my pc, no led's are lighting up, no reacon from pc or the keyboard. I can only start the keyboard if i use the hard reset method with the twizzers on the both boot plates. If i try to install the firmware with StM32CubeProgrammer it says download complete but it dont erasing the Sectors and rewriting them. I hope someone can help me :(
The latest STMcube version has some kind of a bug, that doesn't recognise sectors
Use 2.15 version instead, shuold fix the problem

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I am also having this issue except when I try to run the StM32 exe, it gives me a corrupt JRE error. I have tried multiple versions. I was using my Cyborg today and decided to do a software/firmware update from 1.1.2 and now nothing works. I cant see/change profiles. I just have the one power light on.
what`s JRE error, got a screenshot?
which step is it failing on the reflash -