Are different color parts more durable?

Mercules

Oct 30, 2023
Hi all, I keep breaking my gimble mounts on my Azeron Cyborg. I am wondering if this is common, if I am just too rough on it(I've been told my grip and the amount of pressure I put on things when I press them is more than I think), or if there is something with the mounts themselves. I bought a replacement set and I have 1 left. I ask about color because I bought mine in the Copper color and the replacements. I have been doing some 3d printing in resin and realize that different formulas have different strengths and maybe to achieve that nice color the formulation is slightly different?

I am tightening the screws only enough to keep the tower from shifting as I press the various triggers but occasionally have to tighten them again slightly. I am trying not to use excessive pressure but I play a lot of survival games where death might mean hours or even days of playtime lost and I know I get adrenaline spikes when things get tense. I also have psoriatic arthritis and so both hands often already hurt (another reason I love the cyborg as everything is a very natural position with minimal stretching) and I have ADHD and I sometimes ignore pain when hyper-focused so don't realize how hard I am pressing something.

I will likely need ANOTHER set of replacements soonish so I'm wondering if maybe I should just get them in basic black. Are others often breaking these. I don't throw the Cyborg or even move it often, it is just presses.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi all, I keep breaking my gimble mounts on my Azeron Cyborg. I am wondering if this is common, if I am just too rough on it(I've been told my grip and the amount of pressure I put on things when I press them is more than I think), or if there is something with the mounts themselves. I bought a replacement set and I have 1 left. I ask about color because I bought mine in the Copper color and the replacements. I have been doing some 3d printing in resin and realize that different formulas have different strengths and maybe to achieve that nice color the formulation is slightly different?

I am tightening the screws only enough to keep the tower from shifting as I press the various triggers but occasionally have to tighten them again slightly. I am trying not to use excessive pressure but I play a lot of survival games where death might mean hours or even days of playtime lost and I know I get adrenaline spikes when things get tense. I also have psoriatic arthritis and so both hands often already hurt (another reason I love the cyborg as everything is a very natural position with minimal stretching) and I have ADHD and I sometimes ignore pain when hyper-focused so don't realize how hard I am pressing something.

I will likely need ANOTHER set of replacements soonish so I'm wondering if maybe I should just get them in basic black. Are others often breaking these. I don't throw the Cyborg or even move it often, it is just presses.
Yeah indeed the different fillament will differ in strenghths.
The black one is the sturdierst one and it`s now printed with PTEG instead of PLA, so should make it even sturdier.
If you purchase ones, would definetely advice choosing black, which we have moved over as a stock option.

If you have a 3D printer you can print them yourself - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5366537 / https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5435723

Reactions: timstelegram

Mercules

Oct 30, 2023
Yeah indeed the different fillament will differ in strenghths.
The black one is the sturdierst one and it`s now printed with PTEG instead of PLA, so should make it even sturdier.
If you purchase ones, would definetely advice choosing black, which we have moved over as a stock option.

If you have a 3D printer you can print them yourself - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5366537 / https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5435723
Thank you. I'm glad to know my thinking isn't that far off. I like the copper look but that part is barely visible and is probably the part with the most stress on it. I'll buy a set of the black for when I break these.

Reactions: Im this guy