Feedback for Cyro 2.0

ildonpietro

Dec 31, 2023
First of all, bravo! This mouse is incredibly good for World of Warcraft.

Here are some feedbacks after many hours of gaming:

I almost never use the third and fourth rows of keys; they're too far to reach, and there are enough buttons with the 8 other keys + joystick + the directional button.

For me, a perfect Cyro would merge the 4 buttons of the last two rows into one big click button easy to reach; that would be the left click. Similarly, the 4 buttons below could be for the right click. It would make the Cyro usable in other use cases than gaming (right now, I have 2 mouses, one for gaming and one for browsing, because it's not intuitive to click with so many small buttons).

Another improvement is the scroll wheel. If you could put something similar to the Logi MX, it would be incredible.

For mmo the best feature from the cryo are the joystick and the directional button, (so much that having a second directional button would be amazing but probably not possible)

Reactions: Im this guy

Scholander

Mar 17, 2024
Agreed with most of your thoughts. If there was any change I would make regarding the scroll wheel, I would make it thumb-accessible. Place it on top right next to the directional button, and with a roller like the Logi MX. I find I have to move my whole hand too much to access the wheel as-is, and my fingers lose button placement a little.

megan11275

Verified member
Mar 25, 2022
thought i'd throw my 2 cents in:
just in case it needs to be said: the following is my personal experience with the cyro, not an objective-reality thing. ymmv

i tried really hard to like my cyro, but ended up abandoning it because (in no particular order):
  • it drags. i tried all the things. different mousing surfaces, different wrist angles, etc. i eventually even replaced the skates, and it still felt like lit took too much force to move the thing
  • the deck is too tall. the cradle where the hand rests is something like an inch above the mousing surface. that doesn't sound like a lot, but it puts the wrist at a weird angle and gets uncomfortable pretty quickly. getting the bottom edge of the hand closer to the mousing surface would put the wrist in a more neutral position. also, it would probably help with the dragging problem because the the angle of force when moving the mouse would be flatter
  • the body of the mouse isn't adjustable enough; i'm sure the existing level of adjustability works for a lot of folks, but i would need to be able to twist the button module outward by a good 30 degrees for it to be comfortable
  • the strap is not adjustable. i found it to be too short and abandoned it early on
  • the wheel is difficult to reach
  • it is difficult to push the buttons without actually moving the mouse pointer at least a little bit (and possibly a lot, depending on what button i'm going for). an arrangement more like the cyborg would be easier to control because:
    • the actuation force on the cyborg's paddles is significantly less than what is required for the cyro
    • the cyborg's paddles are just easier to operate -- it's hard to explain this one, but it feels like maybe it has to do with cyborg using levers instead of push-it-straight-down buttons; the motion feels more natural to me
looking at my cyro, another thought that occurs to me is that its basic shape would work really well as a thumb trackball

i hope this feedback is useful. i do not begrudge the fact that the cyro didn't work for me. i genuinely believe that it has potential, and that people buying gen 1 is what leads to there being a gen 2. i'm definitely looking forward to seeing the next one 😺

Last edited: