Thumbstick Calibration takes a long time to calibrate and setting deadzone to 120 or with restrictor ring or any value doesn't seem to do anything

CrimsonSyxx

Apr 9, 2024
Software version: 1.4.1
Firmware version: 86b
Keypad: Cyborg

I just got this yesterday so it's new and updated to latest version of firmware. Calibration after multiple attempts that tend to go on for 3+ minutes (yes I timed these). I am moving in circles slowly and also have tried quickly. I eventually got one to complete calibration.

Wanting to use the restrictor ring, I go into the profile and change the analog joystick upper deadzone to 120 like it is recommended and it doesn't do a perfect circle like shown in the video. Changing it to any other value doesn't even seem to change it at all and still isnt' a perfect circle. Without the restrictor ring, it will do a perfect circle seemingly at any upper deadzone value set (ex. whether its 120 or 512). I don't think these settings are working at all. Am I missing something?

Attaching a video:
The first part is without the restrictor ring and demonstrating how the upper deadzone doesn't seem to do anything.

Later I show the restrictor ring and notice it's not a perfect circle with the current upper deadzone and when I change it to 120 it seems the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-09 144627.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 144627.png
    937.9 KB · Views: 20
  • bandicam 2024-04-09 14-58-16-490.mp4
    4 MB · Views: 0

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Software version: 1.4.1
Firmware version: 86b
Keypad: Cyborg

I just got this yesterday so it's new and updated to latest version of firmware. Calibration after multiple attempts that tend to go on for 3+ minutes (yes I timed these). I am moving in circles slowly and also have tried quickly. I eventually got one to complete calibration.

Wanting to use the restrictor ring, I go into the profile and change the analog joystick upper deadzone to 120 like it is recommended and it doesn't do a perfect circle like shown in the video. Changing it to any other value doesn't even seem to change it at all and still isnt' a perfect circle. Without the restrictor ring, it will do a perfect circle seemingly at any upper deadzone value set (ex. whether its 120 or 512). I don't think these settings are working at all. Am I missing something?

Attaching a video:
The first part is without the restrictor ring and demonstrating how the upper deadzone doesn't seem to do anything.

Later I show the restrictor ring and notice it's not a perfect circle with the current upper deadzone and when I change it to 120 it seems the same.
Weird one.
Reset the device via settings tab and re-try.

Does the changes take effect if you change it in the global setting ?
After calibration, before save, press adjust manually and lower the upper deadzone to 120 and press save.
1712733792901.png