Thumb stick movement (set to WASD) triggering anticheat in The Finals?

JermVV

Dec 31, 2022
Edit- Update- So after removing the restrictor ring and widening the deadzones on the thumb stick the issue seems have disappeared (so far anyway).

I recently decided to play The Finals (haven't since the betas where I had no problems) and went into the practice range to dial in my binds and sensitivity. Almost immediately got booted (error code TFGE0027 followed by TFAV1011) with the message "a disallowed tool was detected running in the system". After disabling any software that I thought might be causing it (Razer Synapse, RivaTuner, etc) I started doing some testing... Long story short, I can run around the practice range with no issues for as long as I want (tested multiple times up to 10 minutes or so) as long as I don't use the thumb stick on my Azeron Cyborg. As soon as I do use the thumb stick I get booted in under 30 seconds. I can use any of the other buttons I tried on the Cyborg, just not the stick (and I can use WASD on my regular keyboard without issue). I'm not running any macros or such that I'm aware of, unless there's something on by default that would count that I'm unaware of, or messing with the deadzones or offset on the thumb stick would count?

This would have to be an input based thing, right? Something in the anticheat looking for macros and somehow the thumb stick is triggering it?

Anyone have similar issues? Anything that can be done? Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Edit- Update- So after removing the restrictor ring and widening the deadzones on the thumb stick the issue seems have disappeared (so far anyway).

I recently decided to play The Finals (haven't since the betas where I had no problems) and went into the practice range to dial in my binds and sensitivity. Almost immediately got booted (error code TFGE0027 followed by TFAV1011) with the message "a disallowed tool was detected running in the system". After disabling any software that I thought might be causing it (Razer Synapse, RivaTuner, etc) I started doing some testing... Long story short, I can run around the practice range with no issues for as long as I want (tested multiple times up to 10 minutes or so) as long as I don't use the thumb stick on my Azeron Cyborg. As soon as I do use the thumb stick I get booted in under 30 seconds. I can use any of the other buttons I tried on the Cyborg, just not the stick (and I can use WASD on my regular keyboard without issue). I'm not running any macros or such that I'm aware of, unless there's something on by default that would count that I'm unaware of, or messing with the deadzones or offset on the thumb stick would count?

This would have to be an input based thing, right? Something in the anticheat looking for macros and somehow the thumb stick is triggering it?

Anyone have similar issues? Anything that can be done? Any insight would be appreciated.

Install the 1.5 version - https://azeron-public.s3.amazonaws.com/rc-keypad-builds/azeron-setup-v1.5.0-rc6.exe and set the analog throttle at around 20ms, that should let you use it

Reactions: JermVV