The design of the Cyro

RhinoSkull

Jan 19, 2024
I have a few disabilities, and am forced to use peripherals without moving my arms, or wrists. So I'm super excited that I just received the cyborg that I ordered yesterday. But I'm wanting to use a cyro along side the cyborg. But it's a moving mouse which I can't do, as I have to use a thumb trackball mouse, as I can't move my arms or wrists.

So, I wanted to know if it would be possible to take the cyro mouse, design it to be a thumb trackball mouse? To replace the thumb joystick with a trackball there instead. To have it be able to work with the cyborg at the same time?

I didn't really know where, or to whom I could or should ask about something like this. So I guess I'll leave it here...

Thanks for your time.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I have a few disabilities, and am forced to use peripherals without moving my arms, or wrists. So I'm super excited that I just received the cyborg that I ordered yesterday. But I'm wanting to use a cyro along side the cyborg. But it's a moving mouse which I can't do, as I have to use a thumb trackball mouse, as I can't move my arms or wrists.

So, I wanted to know if it would be possible to take the cyro mouse, design it to be a thumb trackball mouse? To replace the thumb joystick with a trackball there instead. To have it be able to work with the cyborg at the same time?

I didn't really know where, or to whom I could or should ask about something like this. So I guess I'll leave it here...

Thanks for your time.
Some people have modded their cyborgs with trackball.
We are currently working on trackballe ourselves, but it will take a while before we will launch it ourselves.

RhinoSkull

Jan 19, 2024
We are currently working on trackballe ourselves, but it will take a while before we will launch it ourselves.
Ahh, I see. Unfortunately I'm not much of a DIY person. Especially if it involves 3D printing. But I'm excited to hear that you guys are actually working on a thumbed trackball mouse! Thanks for your response, and the info!

Reactions: Im this guy

Jay Wile

Apr 18, 2024
Is there an estimated release date for a trackball Cyborg? I am looking to upgrade my setup within the next year, and I am trying to decide if it is worth doing the trackball mod myself, or if I should wait till you release an official version. Also, the mod that I can find relies on the older Teensy++ 2.0 PCB. Is there any trackball mods that work with the newer models?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Is there an estimated release date for a trackball Cyborg? I am looking to upgrade my setup within the next year, and I am trying to decide if it is worth doing the trackball mod myself, or if I should wait till you release an official version. Also, the mod that I can find relies on the older Teensy++ 2.0 PCB. Is there any trackball mods that work with the newer models?
Not sure on the timeframe for the trackball.
We don't share any of our modifications, so the current ones available online, as far as I know, are teensy 2.0++ compatible only