Randomly losing control of movement/aim during PC gameplay

BB_xoxo

Verified member
Apr 16, 2024
I have been using my new Cyborg to play games such as SCUM, Skyrim, Expeditions: MudRunner on PC for the last 2 months. My gaming experience using the Azeron gamepad has been mostly excellent. However, I occasionally lose control of my movement/aim when moving forward using the thumbstick. I would lose control of my movement/aim for a split second causing me to face towards unintended directions. Although I'm able to reorient and resume control during gameplay, this ongoing experience is less than ideal for me. I set the Azeron thumbstick to Xbox controller/keyboard for my WSAD setting in the Azeron software. During my preliminary troubleshooting process, I have used 3 different Logitech mice, and a Razer Tartarus gamepad to isolate and identify the source of the problem. Switching to 3 different mice didn't correct the issue. When I used the Razer gamepad instead of the Azeron, the issue was not observed. I don't know what else to do at this point and would appreciate some technical assistance.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I have been using my new Cyborg to play games such as SCUM, Skyrim, Expeditions: MudRunner on PC for the last 2 months. My gaming experience using the Azeron gamepad has been mostly excellent. However, I occasionally lose control of my movement/aim when moving forward using the thumbstick. I would lose control of my movement/aim for a split second causing me to face towards unintended directions. Although I'm able to reorient and resume control during gameplay, this ongoing experience is less than ideal for me. I set the Azeron thumbstick to Xbox controller/keyboard for my WSAD setting in the Azeron software. During my preliminary troubleshooting process, I have used 3 different Logitech mice, and a Razer Tartarus gamepad to isolate and identify the source of the problem. Switching to 3 different mice didn't correct the issue. When I used the Razer gamepad instead of the Azeron, the issue was not observed. I don't know what else to do at this point and would appreciate some technical assistance.
Sounds like the thumbstick is jittering.
Go in the Azeron software and move the stick and observe on whether any jitter occurs.
Additionally, export the log file from settings / having trouble. Make sure the keypad is connected when exporting the logs and attach it here

BB_xoxo

Verified member
Apr 16, 2024
If jittering you mean that the thumbstick is vibrating when viewing it through the software, then yes. It settles down when I move the thumbstick around a bit.

Attachments

• azeron-logs-20240416-11-21-55.log
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
If jittering you mean that the thumbstick is vibrating when viewing it through the software, then yes. It settles down when I move the thumbstick around a bit.
Makes sense.
You can try increasing the lower deadzone till you get rid of jitters in the middle.
Play around with the sensitivity as well, that can reduce the jitters.

Blow the compressed air in the potentiometer, that does wonders sometimes as well, as there could be some dirt, that can cause that.

How long did you have the keypad for?
1713344608398.png

BB_xoxo

Verified member
Apr 16, 2024
Thanks for responding. I have had the gamepad for approximately two months. This issue was observed during the first week of use, but I suspected my mouse at that time. After going through the trial and error of switching out each individual peripherals this week, I just now narrowed it down to the Cyborg as the culprit. I will try the above suggestions, and I will be back to give you a report.

Reactions: Im this guy

BB_xoxo

Verified member
Apr 16, 2024
Hello, I'm back to give you a report after attempting to recalibrate the Azeron Cyborg and several hours of gameplay testing. I'm currently back to playing a heavily modded Skyrim Anniversary edition using a Wabbajack modpack called Aurora that has about 884 mods added to the base game, along with my own select additions of about 20 mods. I also downloaded and installed the new software update for the Azeron and recalibrated the thumbstick accordingly. Sadly to say, I'm still having the same issue that I posted initially. I also discovered a new issue that I didn't initially attribute to the Azeron until my discovery of it in the last 4 days. When I use the Azeron gamepad, one of the mods in the game stops working properly. I will not bore you with the mod in question unless you ask specifically. What is important to know is: when I disconnect the Azeron, the mod works properly using a regular keyboard or a Razer Orbweaver with absolutely no fail during over 30 hours of gameplay. I repeated this several times and was able to reproduce the issues using the Azeron. I assure you that I repeated this enough times to be absolutely certain that the issues I'm reporting are only happening when the Azeron gamepad is in use. However, I prefer to use the Azeron gamepad over the keyboard or Razer Orbweaver for its superior ergonomic features and available thumbstick, but these issues I discovered are deal breakers for me. I have attached a new log below. Please help.

Attachments

• azeron-logs-20240422-11-12-43.log
    2.8 MB · Views: 11

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello, I'm back to give you a report after attempting to recalibrate the Azeron Cyborg and several hours of gameplay testing. I'm currently back to playing a heavily modded Skyrim Anniversary edition using a Wabbajack modpack called Aurora that has about 884 mods added to the base game, along with my own select additions of about 20 mods. I also downloaded and installed the new software update for the Azeron and recalibrated the thumbstick accordingly. Sadly to say, I'm still having the same issue that I posted initially. I also discovered a new issue that I didn't initially attribute to the Azeron until my discovery of it in the last 4 days. When I use the Azeron gamepad, one of the mods in the game stops working properly. I will not bore you with the mod in question unless you ask specifically. What is important to know is: when I disconnect the Azeron, the mod works properly using a regular keyboard or a Razer Orbweaver with absolutely no fail during over 30 hours of gameplay. I repeated this several times and was able to reproduce the issues using the Azeron. I assure you that I repeated this enough times to be absolutely certain that the issues I'm reporting are only happening when the Azeron gamepad is in use. However, I prefer to use the Azeron gamepad over the keyboard or Razer Orbweaver for its superior ergonomic features and available thumbstick, but these issues I discovered are deal breakers for me. I have attached a new log below. Please help.
Email us on info@azeron.eu, include a video of the issue and link from this forum thread.
What`s the mod in the game ? Got link for description ?

BB_xoxo

Verified member
Apr 16, 2024
I don't record any of my gameplay and don't have plans to do so in the foreseeable future, which means that I don't have the proper gear/software to record even if I wanted to for testing purposes. I don't want to spend any more of my own funds for testing. I'm currently back to using my Razer Orbweaver gamepad instead of the Azeron Cyborg, and I haven't had any of the technical issues that I presented in this post. I have been back to using my Razer Orbweaver for at least 50 hours of gameplay without issues. I really don't have a need for a paper weight at this time, and unfortunately the Azeron Cyborg has been reduced to just that.

Reactions: Im this guy