Problems with AZ-drivers

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
Hello,
actually we have severall problems with Cyborg and Rewasd. (Win11 Pro)
Long story one:
I am using both since since somme month. Now we got a new Cyborg compact for my wife.
While waiting, I downloaded latest version of Azeron Software, installed it, and it didn't detect my device. OK, I had to tell rewasd to release the pad. Then AZSW found the device, I loaded latest Firmware. And the problems began. Joystick not working in rewasd, profile switching sometimes not working. Modifications in rewasd not activated until restarting rewasd. Some other minot strange behaviours. I reinstalled everything several times, and finally, is seems to work now. I don't know why. because of the many trials I made.
May be one thing may cause the joystick problem: I now have both onboard joystick configurations switched to analog.
Story two:
I installed the AZWS on my wifes system, besides existing rewasd and Logitech LGS software (for G13 that shall be replaced). I configured Cyborg in Rewasd and everything was running fine, side by side.
But on the next day, the problems started. The G13 was not working any more, the Cyborg joystick was not functioning in rewasd. Similar strange things, as on my system. Again I tried severall things, reinstalling, and so on. After disconnecting Cyborg, deinstalling AZSW, I got the Logitech LGS G13 working somewho, but the device's display doens't show profiles and within LGS I cannot switch profiles, only automatic game detection works. Very strange behaviour.
After reinstalling AZWS again, G13 will not work anymore (as it did on first day installation).
Cyborg/AZWS and rewasd seem to work for now.

Conclusion:
the new Azeron software does some strange things to the driver configuration in the system, seems to break LGS and has problems to work with rewasd smoothly, as it did before.
I cannot exactly reproduce, where the problems come from (and don't want to, because I have spend at least 2 days for getting it running to some extend). But I am shure, there is someting wrong with the new AZSW.
Perhaps, someone has made similar experiences or hints.
Greetings
Klaus

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
The onboard configurations shouldn't impact the rewasd, since it takes over native configuration. Make sure you have the latest rewasd installed.
I had some random bugs with the older version. Once the newest one was installed, it`s back to normal.

Azeron and G13 might not work together, however I haven't tried. It coud be that the usb prioritises one or another, when plugged in at the same time.

Last edited:

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
The onboard configurations shouldn't impact the rewasd, since it takes over native configuration. Make sure you have the latest rewasd installed.
I had some random bugs with the older version. Once the newest one was installed, it`s back to normal.

Azeron and G13 might not work together, however I haven't tried. It coud be that the usb prioritises one or another, when plugged in at the same time.
Ok, that means, its not necessary to configure anything with AZSW before using rewasd.

I don't understand, what/why usb priority influences the side by side functionality. Shouldn't any device function independently from any other?
AZSW should not "take away" any communication to/from other devices ?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Ok, that means, its not necessary to configure anything with AZSW before using rewasd.

I don't understand, what/why usb priority influences the side by side functionality. Shouldn't any device function independently from any other?
AZSW should not "take away" any communication to/from other devices ?
I must have misunderstood.
Is it just installing AZSW causing the issue, or when the Azeron keypad is being plugged in ?

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
It is, when AZSW is installed. After that it makes no difference, it AZ-device is plugged in or not.
I only could get back to funtioning the LGS, when I deinstalled AZSW. As soon as AZSW is installed, LGS and G13 is defect.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021

Correction - Rewasd reads the native calibration

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
WIth AZSW installed and g13 connected, what does it come up as in device manager ? Does the PC recognise it as a G13?
See if it comes up as anything like STM device or STM bootloader
1677246038516.png

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
Hi,
I tested it. The G13 is recognized in Win11 as an (in German)
1677270035808.png

OK. I think, we shouldn't invest much more time here. We disabled the G13, as it should be and is now replaced by the Azeron.
The G13 should only be used in a transitional period, to have time to learn the Azeron.

But for the developers: they should take care, that the Azeron software doesn't hinder other device drivers, e.g. older ones.
Thanks.
Greetings, Klaus

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
That means, if both onboard configuration for joystick are set to e.g. Xbox controller, then rewasd doesn't work with the joystick in any way to map to wasd?
Just reads the calibration, not the mode set. So you can have either set onboard and go in the rewasd and remap it