Press the wrong key when using an AZERTY keyboard

François M

Feb 3, 2023
So I want to configure my cyborg, I select a key in the software, I press A on my keyboard, it shows A in the azeron software, but when I press the key of my cyborg it input Q.

I am sure this has to do with the fact I use an AZERTY keyboard, but I have never seen it so badly handled. The azeron software knows I pressed A, so just input A, don't convert it to Q. My guess is that the software shows the character associated with the key pressed on the keyboard but also stores the code of the key, and the cyborg actually inputs the code but because it is identified as a QWERTY keyboard it inputs Q.

I do not have this issue with other programmable controllers, GHUB shows A and the mouse inputs A. So this is fixable.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
So I want to configure my cyborg, I select a key in the software, I press A on my keyboard, it shows A in the azeron software, but when I press the key of my cyborg it input Q.

I am sure this has to do with the fact I use an AZERTY keyboard, but I have never seen it so badly handled. The azeron software knows I pressed A, so just input A, don't convert it to Q. My guess is that the software shows the character associated with the key pressed on the keyboard but also stores the code of the key, and the cyborg actually inputs the code but because it is identified as a QWERTY keyboard it inputs Q.

I do not have this issue with other programmable controllers, GHUB shows A and the mouse inputs A. So this is fixable.
Azeron only recognises the QWERTY.

Have te qwerty layout in front of you and assign the buttons you require from it.

François M

Feb 3, 2023
Why do I learn this only now?! I just checked and this is not indicated anywhere in the store.

Is it planned to support other keyboards?

The issue is that if I forget where how mapped my keys and a game asks me to press Q, I cannot know by looking at the Azeron software which key is Q because the software actually indicates A. The bare minimum would be to actually indicate which key is pressed. If I press A on my keyboard at setup and it results in the cyborg pressing Q, then the software should indicate Q instead of A. It's like the software support AZERTY but the Controller does not.

ph0x

Feb 3, 2023
It is true that this information is somewhat hidden in the forum. However, you usually - and certainly after a short amount of playing - don't try to remember which keyboard button is mapped to which Azeron button, but rather learn which Azeron button actually does what, so it's a question of muscle memory after some time. You can, however, still assign a button which is the same in your language layout in the game, so that the displayed button is also the one on your keyboard.