None functioning Cyborg Compact after failed update

Danisadude

Jun 8, 2024
Hey,
Ive had about a years worth of awesome gaming on this so far. However today its all gone wrong.

Opened the software today, it tried to do an update, it failed halfway through (annoyingly didnt screen grab the message)
Now i have nothing, no lights appearing when plugged in. Its just blank.

I have done much research, ive tried the STM32 programmer from the vid but i get stuck at the refresh part as no serial number appears
I have tried the USB tree view from another thread i looked in, however i cant get my PC to recognise it as an input. I have plugged other usb into the PC while tree view is open, and it shows them instantly with the new connection sound

Some pics attached to show my model number/make etc, the pic of the LED's is with the controller plugged in.
The three circled buttons are what im holding to try and do the rewrite as the vids suggest. I think my problem may be in getting the device to actual power up.

Is there a fix for no connection/power at all?

Attachments

• IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5555.JPG
    IMG_5555.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5556.JPG
    IMG_5556.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hey,
Ive had about a years worth of awesome gaming on this so far. However today its all gone wrong.

Opened the software today, it tried to do an update, it failed halfway through (annoyingly didnt screen grab the message)
Now i have nothing, no lights appearing when plugged in. Its just blank.

I have done much research, ive tried the STM32 programmer from the vid but i get stuck at the refresh part as no serial number appears
I have tried the USB tree view from another thread i looked in, however i cant get my PC to recognise it as an input. I have plugged other usb into the PC while tree view is open, and it shows them instantly with the new connection sound

Some pics attached to show my model number/make etc, the pic of the LED's is with the controller plugged in.
The three circled buttons are what im holding to try and do the rewrite as the vids suggest. I think my problem may be in getting the device to actual power up.

Is there a fix for no connection/power at all?
(skip any unplugging steps before the firmware is reinstalled)

Danisadude

Jun 8, 2024
Hey.
Semi pointless update, but it might help the next search.
I had tried your vids before making the post, however no joy.

My fix came in the answer of smaller tweezers and pressing harder on the boot plates to get it going. However upon releasing the boot plates, it would light up the device.
When trying to remove and replug in to allow the STM software to calibrate it. i would lose all connection.
I ended up having the STM software open, clicking the connect while pressing the boot plates with tweezers. This bypassed the spiderman grip somehow.
It also required the most up to date (at the time) version 16 to allow this to happen. Version 15 wouldnt do anything. (id seen some old threads suggesting to use V15)

Now back to some awesome casual gaming again with it. Now proudly named GAMEFIST as all my friends think im weird for using neither a controller or keyboard. (im trying to convert them 😁)

TL : DR - Vids fixed it when i stopped being a div. Much thanks! :cool:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hey.
Semi pointless update, but it might help the next search.
I had tried your vids before making the post, however no joy.

My fix came in the answer of smaller tweezers and pressing harder on the boot plates to get it going. However upon releasing the boot plates, it would light up the device.
When trying to remove and replug in to allow the STM software to calibrate it. i would lose all connection.
I ended up having the STM software open, clicking the connect while pressing the boot plates with tweezers. This bypassed the spiderman grip somehow.
It also required the most up to date (at the time) version 16 to allow this to happen. Version 15 wouldnt do anything. (id seen some old threads suggesting to use V15)

Now back to some awesome casual gaming again with it. Now proudly named GAMEFIST as all my friends think im weird for using neither a controller or keyboard. (im trying to convert them 😁)

TL : DR - Vids fixed it when i stopped being a div. Much thanks! :cool:
did you manage it with Cubeprogrammer 2.16 ? There was a bug with it, might be fixed now.