New Machine, Tried New App Version, Device Now Non-Responsive.

JuanB1211

Dec 11, 2023
Hello - I have the Cyborg device and was using version 1.01 of the app on a desktop for awhile. I built a new machine and tried installing the new version of the application from the website. It didn't like the firmware of my device, and said I had to update the firmware by pushing the reset button with the app running. I pushed the button, it said it was doing something, then it said flash update failed. When it did the update, the light on the device turned off and has not come back on. I hear a beep when plugging it into the comp, but none of the button presses are being registered by the OS as anything.

I tried pressing the reset button again, can't tell if it does anything.
Installed the 1.01 version of the app from my old comp, but it does not see the device as connected... I'm fine with using the old version, aside from registering a ton of double clicks on the lower back pointer finger pad, the device was working well.
Watched a video from a link in this forum about opening the palm up to get to some boot thing with tweezers, but mine didn't have the spots on the little board in it.

Any advice on getting this thing to send signals to the OS would be appreciated.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello - I have the Cyborg device and was using version 1.01 of the app on a desktop for awhile. I built a new machine and tried installing the new version of the application from the website. It didn't like the firmware of my device, and said I had to update the firmware by pushing the reset button with the app running. I pushed the button, it said it was doing something, then it said flash update failed. When it did the update, the light on the device turned off and has not come back on. I hear a beep when plugging it into the comp, but none of the button presses are being registered by the OS as anything.

I tried pressing the reset button again, can't tell if it does anything.
Installed the 1.01 version of the app from my old comp, but it does not see the device as connected... I'm fine with using the old version, aside from registering a ton of double clicks on the lower back pointer finger pad, the device was working well.
Watched a video from a link in this forum about opening the palm up to get to some boot thing with tweezers, but mine didn't have the spots on the little board in it.

Any advice on getting this thing to send signals to the OS would be appreciated.

JuanB1211

Dec 11, 2023
Teensy app, in the standalone firmware download, fixed it. I also saw in the software the Global Button Throttle. Upped it to 30 to try and avoid the double click on #14... that a reasonable number?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Teensy app, in the standalone firmware download, fixed it. I also saw in the software the Global Button Throttle. Upped it to 30 to try and avoid the double click on #14... that a reasonable number?
30 is reasonable. the human reaction won't be any faster than that, so won't interact with the gameplay