Mac and linux

luc

May 30, 2024
Still a lot of work to do for our software.
On Mac you can use the gamepad mapper.

We have dedicated channel for linux users on discord - https://azeron.eu/discord
Wow, I'm very surprised here. First when going to the downloads page, that it doesn't even mention a platform but just has a big Download button that silently leads to a .exe as if that's the one universal format. For something that looks this nerdy, I had 100% expected it to have Linux support from day one. Then when searching the forum and finding this thread as the first most promising result for a canonical answer, the official staff reply is to go and sign up for a third party service where you can then go and dig around in (usually huge and sparse) chat logs? The relevant information ("does it run or not?") could just be posted here where it is browseable, viewable, and searchable by anyone using any search engine.

The price, while not an impulse purchase, is low enough that I can spontaneously decide to get it for my birthday next week because it looks this level of awesome and will start so many conversations with colleagues, friends, and family. Even if I barely use it, that's probably worth it

...unless it does not work at all, which I now don't know and I'm feeling less and less like digging around in the mud to find out.

Since such a chat group exists, probably some people got it working, but then why not just say it works on Linux? Why does the downloads page not link to "gamepad mapper" for macOS and whatever bash or python script someone hacked together to interface with this hardware for the open OSes? Or link to something that at least works for the most common Linux distribution, from where I can take the code, rename a few apt installs to work for my OS, and get it working anywhere?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Wow, I'm very surprised here. First when going to the downloads page, that it doesn't even mention a platform but just has a big Download button that silently leads to a .exe as if that's the one universal format. For something that looks this nerdy, I had 100% expected it to have Linux support from day one. Then when searching the forum and finding this thread as the first most promising result for a canonical answer, the official staff reply is to go and sign up for a third party service where you can then go and dig around in (usually huge and sparse) chat logs? The relevant information ("does it run or not?") could just be posted here where it is browseable, viewable, and searchable by anyone using any search engine.

The price, while not an impulse purchase, is low enough that I can spontaneously decide to get it for my birthday next week because it looks this level of awesome and will start so many conversations with colleagues, friends, and family. Even if I barely use it, that's probably worth it

...unless it does not work at all, which I now don't know and I'm feeling less and less like digging around in the mud to find out.

Since such a chat group exists, probably some people got it working, but then why not just say it works on Linux? Why does the downloads page not link to "gamepad mapper" for macOS and whatever bash or python script someone hacked together to interface with this hardware for the open OSes? Or link to something that at least works for the most common Linux distribution, from where I can take the code, rename a few apt installs to work for my OS, and get it working anywhere?
We can't post third party apps on our website.
Since we haven't tested it on Linux, we can't confim it works and therefore provide more information other than link to discord, where community members are discussing they`re findings.
FAQ page mentions, that there is no Linux support.

pastrami

Verified member
Jun 4, 2024

Hey grumpy -

check my post here.

MogVII

Jul 15, 2024
Still a lot of work to do for our software.
On Mac you can use the gamepad mapper.

We have dedicated channel for linux users on discord - https://azeron.eu/discord
I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up and I'm way out of school here...any reason you couldn't utilize GitHub and let the Linux community do the heavy lifting?

+1 for support, I'm another where quite literally my Azerons are the only thing chaining me to windows.

Reactions: Im this guy