Layering feature request for simpler configuration

cyclotis

Sep 6, 2023
When layering with the "toggle on hold" option selected, there should be another option enabled to not override the base layer config when a given key is unbound.

Imagine a configuration full of hotkeys, where the fingers have buttons mapped to 1-4, and I want to add a modifier key that flips these buttons to 5-8. Currently, I would need to duplicate the entire profile, change the 1-4 buttons to 5-8, and then keep any changes synced between the two. With this new option, I could simply have a mostly unbound profile that only sets the 5-8 keys, and layer it on top of the existing profile. Holding the layering key would change just those four buttons, leaving the others intact. Much simpler!

Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
When layering with the "toggle on hold" option selected, there should be another option enabled to not override the base layer config when a given key is unbound.

Imagine a configuration full of hotkeys, where the fingers have buttons mapped to 1-4, and I want to add a modifier key that flips these buttons to 5-8. Currently, I would need to duplicate the entire profile, change the 1-4 buttons to 5-8, and then keep any changes synced between the two. With this new option, I could simply have a mostly unbound profile that only sets the 5-8 keys, and layer it on top of the existing profile. Holding the layering key would change just those four buttons, leaving the others intact. Much simpler!
You can simply copy the profile with 1 click and change those buttons in the other layer. That`s two clicks.
What would changing the part of the layer you suggested make difference?