Joystick broken on arrival

TXCMochii

Jan 9, 2024
Just received my Cyborg today and the joystick isn't working right out of the box. I've reset the software, updated the device, set the deadzones to 0 and 512 per recommendations, but the joystick only holds W or "up" in direction. I've tried restarting my build, reinstalling the software and latest updates, but nothing seems to fix the thumbstick. because of this issue I cant even try out the rest of the cyborg due to constant inputs or errors when assigning the key. Is there a way to fix this issue without shipping the product back and waiting another month for a replacement?

EDIT: upon further fiddling the wire that runs from the joystick to the board inside the palm seems to be lose and have a short. If I push the wire further into the base of the unit the issue stops. If I extend the thumbstick further out, where I had set it by preference, It seems to start having issues again. If I could fix this myself I wouldn't bother with an RMA. However, I don't have the technical expertise to fix this. If replacement parts are an option or if I can keep this unit until a new one can be shipped out that would be highly appreciated. Will link a video if possible.

Order #115966

(double posted because I don't know which forum to post in. please delete post in wrong forum board thanks!)

Attachments

• IMG_2540.MOV
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Just received my Cyborg today and the joystick isn't working right out of the box. I've reset the software, updated the device, set the deadzones to 0 and 512 per recommendations, but the joystick only holds W or "up" in direction. I've tried restarting my build, reinstalling the software and latest updates, but nothing seems to fix the thumbstick. because of this issue I cant even try out the rest of the cyborg due to constant inputs or errors when assigning the key. Is there a way to fix this issue without shipping the product back and waiting another month for a replacement?

EDIT: upon further fiddling the wire that runs from the joystick to the board inside the palm seems to be lose and have a short. If I push the wire further into the base of the unit the issue stops. If I extend the thumbstick further out, where I had set it by preference, It seems to start having issues again. If I could fix this myself I wouldn't bother with an RMA. However, I don't have the technical expertise to fix this. If replacement parts are an option or if I can keep this unit until a new one can be shipped out that would be highly appreciated. Will link a video if possible.

Order #115966

(double posted because I don't know which forum to post in. please delete post in wrong forum board thanks!)
Sounds like a solder has detached causing this.
Replacement would be needed here unless you can re-solder the wire back on the board.