How do I get STEAM to recognize my azeron?

uncreate

Sep 20, 2023
How do I get steam to recognize my azeron?

I'd like to use my azeron for "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive". It is a Valve game, and uses "steam input" (some controller stuff built into steam). All I need is the analog stick for movement.

Currently, it sees the azeron as "LTD Azeron Keypad - DirectInput", but the analog stick does not function.

My azeron (classic) has the latest firmware and works fine for other games. Steam will see an xbox-one controller ok.

Any ideas?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
How do I get steam to recognize my azeron?

I'd like to use my azeron for "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive". It is a Valve game, and uses "steam input" (some controller stuff built into steam). All I need is the analog stick for movement.

Currently, it sees the azeron as "LTD Azeron Keypad - DirectInput", but the analog stick does not function.

My azeron (classic) has the latest firmware and works fine for other games. Steam will see an xbox-one controller ok.

Any ideas?
Uncheck Xbox Configuration support
''Disable Steam Input'' in-game controller settings. Steam input status should show disabled for Xbox controller. Restart Steam after changing the settings.

uncreate

Sep 20, 2023
Unfortunately, that won't work in this case. This game is made by Valve, the same people that make steam, so they only support controllers thru "steam input". So I will need to find a way to get the steam controller stuff to work with the azeron.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Unfortunately, that won't work in this case. This game is made by Valve, the same people that make steam, so they only support controllers thru "steam input". So I will need to find a way to get the steam controller stuff to work with the azeron.
Just tested the game on steam, it didn't require any setup. Just log in steam, launch game. It`s said at some point, controller detected and that`s all
1695296765552.png

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Take a screenshot of buttond binding menu on Azeron

uncreate

Sep 20, 2023
Here are some screenshots:

1.PNG

2.PNG

That first one looks a little different than yours. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your help so far.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Here are some screenshots:

View attachment 3236

View attachment 3237

That first one looks a little different than yours. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks for your help so far.
Yours is a teensy device, I tested in on the new board, so mine is showing up differenty
I couldn't get it to run with the teensy on native support.

Could only get it to work with Rewasd by emulating the virtual xbox 360 controller with the steam input enabled in cs settings.

Will further test it and see if I can get it running natively.

Yokohama87

Oct 23, 2023
Regrettably, that approach won't be effective in this situation. The game in question is developed by Valve, the same company behind Steam, and they exclusively endorse controllers through "steam input." Therefore, I'll need to figure out a method to make the Steam controller functionality compatible with the Azeron device. But also check this website.