Hashtag on german keyboard layout

supra2700

Jul 3, 2023
Hi all,

does someone have an idea how I can assign a hashtag# to the Azeron with a german keyboard layout? Software cannot b e switched to german as far as I saw.

Best

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi all,

does someone have an idea how I can assign a hashtag# to the Azeron with a german keyboard layout? Software cannot b e switched to german as far as I saw.

Best
How do you activate it on the keyboard ? ''shift'' +'' ' '' ?

supra2700

Jul 3, 2023
I´m activating it on german keyboard by pressing the Hashtag, there is no combination needed. It is located to the enter key, in the english layout there is the "\" I guess.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I´m activating it on german keyboard by pressing the Hashtag, there is no combination needed. It is located to the enter key, in the english layout there is the "\" I guess.
you`ll have to map shift + 3 in Azeron, since it only recognises the QWERTY

supra2700

Jul 3, 2023
But this is not working, the keymap in the game is not accepting it. Why is there nowhere pointed out, that it is not possible to set a QWERTZ layout? I need the hashtag of the german keyboard to activate a function in the game. Shift+3 ist activating the "§" than, not the "#".

Is it planned to have the QWERTZ layout integrated? Without it you should take it back as it is useless to me.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
But this is not working, the keymap in the game is not accepting it. Why is there nowhere pointed out, that it is not possible to set a QWERTZ layout? I need the hashtag of the german keyboard to activate a function in the game. Shift+3 ist activating the "§" than, not the "#".

Is it planned to have the QWERTZ layout integrated? Without it you should take it back as it is useless to me.
Double checked, indeed # on qwertz can't be inputed.

We noted it down. We will work on additional keyboard layouts at some point, but no time frame for that.

supra2700

Jul 3, 2023
Thanks for that. A possible switch to the country specific keyboard layouts should solve the problems.

Nevertheless from my point of view it must be pointed out in the description. I would not buy it if I knew this in advance, cause I need the german layout although for the games I play.

Reactions: Im this guy

BettyHorrorshow

Jan 30, 2024
Double checked, indeed # on qwertz can't be inputed.

We noted it down. We will work on additional keyboard layouts at some point, but no time frame for that.

Hi, is there any news here yet?

I received my Cyborg Compact on Friday and have now encountered the same problem. Games or programs with many keybinds are difficult or even impossible to play/use. For example, I need "ß", "'", "#", "ä", "ö", "ü" etc.
It would be a blessing if the country specific keyboard layouts could be changed. Even a temporary workaround with which I can somehow "copy" these characters into the interface or something similar would help immensely.

P.S.: So far I love the device! (Except for the limited functionality for users with a different keyboard) 😉

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi, is there any news here yet?

I received my Cyborg Compact on Friday and have now encountered the same problem. Games or programs with many keybinds are difficult or even impossible to play/use. For example, I need "ß", "'", "#", "ä", "ö", "ü" etc.
It would be a blessing if the country specific keyboard layouts could be changed. Even a temporary workaround with which I can somehow "copy" these characters into the interface or something similar would help immensely.

P.S.: So far I love the device! (Except for the limited functionality for users with a different keyboard) 😉
Try on screen keyboard, see if that works as a workaround

BettyHorrorshow

Jan 30, 2024
Try on screen keyboard, see if that works as a workaround
It was a very good idea! I just tried it, but unfortunately the software registers the same inputs via the on-screen keyboard as with the hardware keyboard.

I sat down in the meantime and tried all the keys. So here is a translation of the German special characters to the keyboard layout in Azeron for all users with hardware-QWERTZ-Layout. Don't be confused, the characters that are displayed in the software are different from what your Azeron Cyborg will output later.

What you wantWhat you have to type on your QWERTZ-keyboard into AzeronWhat the software displays
^ (left from "1")ö`
ß- (Minus, left from right Shift)-
´ (Akut, left from Backspace)+ (Plus, below Minus)=
ää'
öü;
üß[
-#/
+´ (Akut, left from Backspace)]
#^ (left from "1")";]

Last edited: