D pad broke

Melwood23

May 17, 2023
Ohio
The down button (#30 on the software) on the Dpad just broke, how do I get a new replacement and will there be instructions on replacing it. I have had my Cyborg for 8 months. When I say it broke, there is no longer a click. The other 3 directions are fine right now

Thanks

Melanie

Reactions: Djay7uk

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
The down button (#30 on the software) on the Dpad just broke, how do I get a new replacement and will there be instructions on replacing it. I have had my Cyborg for 8 months. When I say it broke, there is no longer a click. The other 3 directions are fine right now

Thanks

Melanie
Spring function is broken?
Remove the 5 way swtich cap and see if it works without the cap on

JMC

Jun 9, 2023
I've had the same problem. I'm not sure what the 5 way switch cap is.

DanielP

Staff member
May 25, 2023
Hello,
5 way switch cap is the plastic part which goes on the 5way switch.
So if it gets stuck or some directions not working its possible to remove the plastic part and press on 5way switch directly to confirm its still gets stuck with out the cap.
1686300665932.png

Johnny Red79

Nov 23, 2022
I just had the same problem. Pulling the cap off didn't help. The other three directions still have a definitive "click", down is mushy and sends inputs when just touching the cap.

Is there a way to get parts?

Reactions: Djay7uk

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I just had the same problem. Pulling the cap off didn't help. The other three directions still have a definitive "click", down is mushy and sends inputs when just touching the cap.

Is there a way to get parts?
If you can solder yourself, you can purchase the part and resolder it. The part number is SKQUCAA010
If not, you`ll have to email us on info@azeron.eu
If you are still within warranty it should be covered

creeper

Jul 18, 2023
Problem with the 5 way nob as well, first time i had to open it and add pieces of rubber bits to hold pressure to keep it in place so it would work, it moving after wear makes it not click some of the clicks

2nd time I had to replace the nob with a metal tube i made custom because the plastic wears out and just won't stay on

My point of importance is that this whole thumb 5 way nob should be redesigned stronger, when spending $200+ on this product and a great product I would add, it should nod break after a few months,

I speak from experience, these nobs on the logitect controllers go bad as well, so when buying this product I feared the same would happen and sure enough it happened, this part is very important to me as its my most used piece of the controller in games and programs

This is the only flaw in the product, just asking to please consider redesigning the 5 way knob better/stronger. figure out the inner and outer parts that wear and maybe enforce with small metal pieces, there is more to wear here that regular clickers and plastic on plastic is going to wear , that is why I'm suggesting metal support where higher torque and wear is being used.

Great product but this would make it greater, thanks

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Problem with the 5 way nob as well, first time i had to open it and add pieces of rubber bits to hold pressure to keep it in place so it would work, it moving after wear makes it not click some of the clicks

2nd time I had to replace the nob with a metal tube i made custom because the plastic wears out and just won't stay on

My point of importance is that this whole thumb 5 way nob should be redesigned stronger, when spending $200+ on this product and a great product I would add, it should nod break after a few months,

I speak from experience, these nobs on the logitect controllers go bad as well, so when buying this product I feared the same would happen and sure enough it happened, this part is very important to me as its my most used piece of the controller in games and programs

This is the only flaw in the product, just asking to please consider redesigning the 5 way knob better/stronger. figure out the inner and outer parts that wear and maybe enforce with small metal pieces, there is more to wear here that regular clickers and plastic on plastic is going to wear , that is why I'm suggesting metal support where higher torque and wear is being used.

Great product but this would make it greater, thanks
We are now testing the new switches. So far it seems very promising.

Reactions: creeper

Johnny Red79

Nov 23, 2022
If you can solder yourself, you can purchase the part and resolder it. The part number is SKQUCAA010
If not, you`ll have to email us on info@azeron.eu
If you are still within warranty it should be covered
Thank you, sorry about the long time before replying. They had to come via the slow boat. The amazon link below is the one I was able to find still available.

I'm not the best at soldering so I had an avionics tech I work with help me with that part.

The solder job looks good. Unfortunately the directional buttons only activate while the center button is depressed, and the left and right are swapped. Guessing it was wired inverted as there aren't any obvious markings for which way is up on the switches we received.

Is there a way to know if that is the case, or any guidance on how to proceed before attempting repair again? Perhaps a wiring diagram, so I can do continuity checks from the switch to board before reassembling again.

As for the warranty, my botched repair not withstanding, I was a couple months past the date being a US customer.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Thank you, sorry about the long time before replying. They had to come via the slow boat. The amazon link below is the one I was able to find still available.

I'm not the best at soldering so I had an avionics tech I work with help me with that part.

The solder job looks good. Unfortunately the directional buttons only activate while the center button is depressed, and the left and right are swapped. Guessing it was wired inverted as there aren't any obvious markings for which way is up on the switches we received.

Is there a way to know if that is the case, or any guidance on how to proceed before attempting repair again? Perhaps a wiring diagram, so I can do continuity checks from the switch to board before reassembling again.

As for the warranty, my botched repair not withstanding, I was a couple months past the date being a US customer.

Right will be a downward push in default binding. You can change that to your liking

Johnny Red79

Nov 23, 2022
Right will be a downward push in default binding. You can change that to your liking
Much appreciated, got it sorted!

Reactions: Im this guy

BBop

Apr 8, 2022
How would I go about getting a new 5 way switch cap? Somehow mine fell off and I have no idea where it went.