Cyborg not recognised

fostyrob

Mar 13, 2023
Hi,
I was hoping for some advice/help in setting up my cyborg.

Before I plugged it in, I downloaded the Azeron software. Plugged in the pad and the lights came on and the computer recognised the device. Azeron pad appeared in the device manager.

I was prompted to update the firmware which I did and was informed this was successful. I was then led to calibrate the thumbstick. When moving the stick nothing happened to the dot in the circle. I cancelled the calibration in the hope I could re-do it.

After cancelling, the software then no longer recognises the device. I have tried all my usb2.0 ports. The cable appears fully inserted and when plugged in I get the leds to light and switching between profiles works but nothing appears on the Azeron software screen.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Azeron software as per the clean reset guide. I get to the stage when I am reflashing the firmware (the guide says download v28 then the most recent). All the guides refer to the teensy board with the reset button that needs pressed before firmware can be uploaded. I have the new black board with no obvious reset in the hole indicated or anywhere I can see on the top of the PCB.

I then tried the "unable to update firmware" guide that involved trying to enter the bootloader mode by holding the top tower button on the little and index finger as well as the thumb little tower when plugging in. This didn't seem to do anything but the lights came on as usual. I followed the instructions looking for the mention of a DFU device in device manager that I never got. I did however get device manager to now list "xbox 360 controller for windows". Also in the "devices and printers" menu of control panel I have Azeron keypad listed. Looking into the driver it has an assigned windows driver (kbdclass.sys and kbdhid.sys).

I have restarted windows (10), restarted the azeron software as well as plugged and unplugged the keypad multiple times without any success.

I have no other peripherals attached to the computer other than a wireless mouse and a usb keyboard.

I am now at a loss as to what to try next? How do you reset/perform a clean reset with the new board?

Many thanks

fostyrob

Mar 13, 2023
OK for some reason it is now detecting the pad in the azeron software.
Still showing up in device manager as an xbox 360 controller.

Under the information on the azeron software (v1.2.2) it states the firmware version to be 80b. Looking at the downloads page on the azeron site, the most recent version for the cyborg seems to be v75 so not sure what version I currently have.

All the key presses seem to register. I was able to complete the thumbstick calibration although changing the angle of the stick doesn't seem to do anything but so far so good.

I haven't created any profiles yet but plan to try it out on the xbox when a sufficiently long usb cable arrives tomorrow.

Reactions: Im this guy