Azeron Software not detecting Cyborg Compact (but Windows does)

LaughingBubba

Jun 16, 2023
Hi, I set up my CC on my new Win 11 PC.

Initially it was OK. Azeron Software v1.2.6 recognized the device and suggested a FW update.

This seemed to work as at it recognised the existing on board profiles.

However when I played a game, the default keybindings were being used not what was defined for the OBM slot.

I went back into Azeron Software v1.2.6 to double check.

The software froze. I left it for ~5 - 10 mins before terminating the process.

Thereafter the software would not recogise the device.

I followed the YT clean reset guide: here to no avail. (including purging "AppData")

I tried plugging it back into the old machine and it didn't work. I also tried the clean reset process on the old machine which didn't fix it either.

Help, I literally cannot play games without this device.

Summary:
- Windows on both machines (old: Win10 - new:Win11) recognise the device as an Azeron Keyboard
- Cyborg is not detected by Azeron Software
- Clean reset doesn't fix the problem on either machine

Note: Cyborg was purchased June 2022

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi, I set up my CC on my new Win 11 PC.

Initially it was OK. Azeron Software v1.2.6 recognized the device and suggested a FW update.

This seemed to work as at it recognised the existing on board profiles.

However when I played a game, the default keybindings were being used not what was defined for the OBM slot.

I went back into Azeron Software v1.2.6 to double check.

The software froze. I left it for ~5 - 10 mins before terminating the process.

Thereafter the software would not recogise the device.

I followed the YT clean reset guide: here to no avail. (including purging "AppData")

I tried plugging it back into the old machine and it didn't work. I also tried the clean reset process on the old machine which didn't fix it either.

Help, I literally cannot play games without this device.

Summary:
- Windows on both machines (old: Win10 - new:Win11) recognise the device as an Azeron Keyboard
- Cyborg is not detected by Azeron Software
- Clean reset doesn't fix the problem on either machine

Note: Cyborg was purchased June 2022
Please export the log from software with the keypad connected. (Doesn't matter if it doesn't show up in the software)
Do you have a green or black board installed?

LaughingBubba

Jun 16, 2023
SOLVED but thanks for your prompt response.

I don't know which board I have which is why I quoted the purchase date.

I finally got it working on Win11.

I went though the clean reset a couple more times and then the last time worked.

That is: load base FW v28 per video, then CC FW v78 then run Azeron Software v1.2.6

I think a factor is timing the opening of Azeron Software v1.2.6 after installing CC FW v78

The only issue there after that was the Azeron Software v1.2.6 wouldn't recognise the exported profiles from the old machine. It kept saying the JSON profiles file was empty (it wasn't @ 146 KB in size) I assume this is because of the older version Azeron Software I had on the win10 machine.

Either way redoing the bindings was a small price to pay to get an extension of myself back.

Cheers

Reactions: Im this guy