Analog Triggers for Racing/Rocket League

Sandoz

Jun 14, 2023
I really would like to create the perfect ergonomic replacement for my dualsense using two azeron controllers (either two cyborgs or a cyborg + cyro), I use a cyborg right now for some kbm games but my main game is Rocket League.
Unfortunately, there are a few inputs that require analog triggers for proper control like gas and directional air roll, so I haven't gone the distance of getting a right hand azeron.
I imagine that many racing game players would also benefit from analog triggers, and adding a solution for that would open up a tonne of games to the azeron suite.
My suggestion without a complete redesign would be to replace the switches actuated by pulling the pointer finger and middle finger with analog inputs. To make them universal to people who don't need the anolog input, they could have trigger locks to make the travel similar to the normal switches if the player chooses.
Either way, they don't have to be the same as on console controllers, there just has to be some way to register a variable travel even if its very short, maybe even some kind of DIY module could be made to achieve this on existing azerons.
I would also like hall effect thumbsticks, and I've noticed that the new controllers using this tech also have hall effect analog triggers that boast more linear input, so it would be cool if these triggers I'm suggesting went that way.

Anyway, thanks for making great innovative stuff, nothing can replace my cyborg in my other games.

Reactions: Im this guy

Amon

Jul 27, 2023
Exactly this!

I have a cyborg and a cyro, and at least two analog triggers would make that setup perfect for most kinds of games.

the only viable option atm for racing and similar games is to put gas/brake on the cyro stick.