Advanced keybinds options

Liukke

Verified member
Jul 12, 2023
Hello everybody!
I have a question about some keybinds that I'd like to see in the Azeron software!
I currently use a Cyborg and I'm having lots of fun with it.

Quick backstory:
I play Elder Scrolls Online, and I need to enable gamepad mode to use the analog stick on my Cyborg together with the mouse/keyboard combo.
It works, all is well, thanks to an addon I can still use the normal UI while playing and I'm happy, 'cause I can walk in more than 8 directions, while speeding up and slowing down, and still have great aiming / fast pace with the mouse.

However, since the DEVs are probably lazy, when gamepad mode is on, sprinting becomes a toggle (even if you press the keyboard button instead of the controller Xinput) and it's just awful.
Usually it's a hold button, you press it, you sprint, you release it, you run slower, but in gamepad mode you press it once and you run as long as you press the button again :/ aww

My idea would be to set a full cycle of shift (press and release) when I press one button on my Cyborg, and ANOTHER cycle of shift (another press, another release) when I release it (this way to me it feels like a hold button, but the game gets 2 inputs on its toggle version), but the software doesn't seem to allow something this complex (to me).

Maybe I'm dumb and it's possible already, or maybe it's a feature request, in both ways I love my Cyborg!

Cheers!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Hello everybody!
I have a question about some keybinds that I'd like to see in the Azeron software!
I currently use a Cyborg and I'm having lots of fun with it.

Quick backstory:
I play Elder Scrolls Online, and I need to enable gamepad mode to use the analog stick on my Cyborg together with the mouse/keyboard combo.
It works, all is well, thanks to an addon I can still use the normal UI while playing and I'm happy, 'cause I can walk in more than 8 directions, while speeding up and slowing down, and still have great aiming / fast pace with the mouse.

However, since the DEVs are probably lazy, when gamepad mode is on, sprinting becomes a toggle (even if you press the keyboard button instead of the controller Xinput) and it's just awful.
Usually it's a hold button, you press it, you sprint, you release it, you run slower, but in gamepad mode you press it once and you run as long as you press the button again :/ aww

My idea would be to set a full cycle of shift (press and release) when I press one button on my Cyborg, and ANOTHER cycle of shift (another press, another release) when I release it (this way to me it feels like a hold button, but the game gets 2 inputs on its toggle version), but the software doesn't seem to allow something this complex (to me).

Maybe I'm dumb and it's possible already, or maybe it's a feature request, in both ways I love my Cyborg!

Cheers!
Don't you have release on second press on the button set?
1689152730890.png

Liukke

Verified member
Jul 12, 2023
Don't you have release on second press on the button set?
View attachment 3181
Yup but I want to do the opposite, press the button on the Azeron, send a shift button cycle (press and release, whatever delay between the two), then release the button and send another shift press/release cycle.
One press, two shifts :p
What you suggest seems to be, I press and release the button on the Azeron, and shift stays on until I press it again.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Yup but I want to do the opposite, press the button on the Azeron, send a shift button cycle (press and release, whatever delay between the two), then release the button and send another shift press/release cycle.
One press, two shifts :p
What you suggest seems to be, I press and release the button on the Azeron, and shift stays on until I press it again.
Could be a macro for that?
1689255535448.png

Liukke

Verified member
Jul 12, 2023
Could be a macro for that?View attachment 3183
I though about that but unfortunately it won't work.
I mean, I can't set a specific delay, since sprinting can last from half a second to 5-10 seconds straight.
I would need to activate step 1 when I press, and step 3 when I release.

I recreated the macro on the logitech G-Hub software, which allows me to do that, and it would look like this:
macro.png

(Sorry for that "MAIUSC", but my keyboard layout is italian and shift translates in that way :/)

But as you can see, as I press a button I get a full shift press and release, then when I release that button it does another shift press and release.

Aaaand by the way, I understand that this customization might be too much, I just wanted to throw it as a potential suggestion for creating custom macros :p

Thanks a lot for the support!

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I though about that but unfortunately it won't work.
I mean, I can't set a specific delay, since sprinting can last from half a second to 5-10 seconds straight.
I would need to activate step 1 when I press, and step 3 when I release.

I recreated the macro on the logitech G-Hub software, which allows me to do that, and it would look like this:
View attachment 3184

(Sorry for that "MAIUSC", but my keyboard layout is italian and shift translates in that way :/)

But as you can see, as I press a button I get a full shift press and release, then when I release that button it does another shift press and release.

Aaaand by the way, I understand that this customization might be too much, I just wanted to throw it as a potential suggestion for creating custom macros :p

Thanks a lot for the support!
Give it a try on rewasd. - https://www.rewasd.com/
Offers 7 day trial of full features. Has more advanced macro function available.