3 devices in joy.cpl (not fully working)

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
Hi,
I have a Cyborg, latest update installed. Win11, when I start joy.cpl, I see 3 devices
1678616451981.png

On properties, only the middle of them shows this, but no calibration option.
1678616488496.png

Both others, the properties are completely empty
1678616576129.png

Is that the normal way, or is there something wrong?
Greetings

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Azeron is a composite device, it is always a keyboard, mouse, xinput and direct input device.
So it shows multiple entries.

Having any issues wtih it ?

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
Azeron is a composite device, it is always a keyboard, mouse, xinput and direct input device.
So it shows multiple entries.

Having any issues wtih it ?
I have some problems with Azeron and Rewasd in a new game from steam. The problems are curious, and I try to analyse, where the problems come from.
But it's complicated, as so many components are involved:

Azeron device and software
Rewasd
Steam (input, overlay)
EA-App (overlay)
the game itself (definitely very bitchy on input handling)
(maybe other)

The main problem is: sometimes, when having to enter by keyboard in the game, as soon as one enters the input field with the mouse, characters are typed automatically, mostly some "wwwwaaaasd" chars, but seldom also other ones. One can cancel the action, but trying to redo the input, same happens.
It's very curious, I never saw this in another game.
Maybe, it's only the games fault, but no one in the game's community describes this issue.
So I try to find out, what may be the cause in our configurations (2 differnet PC, but both with Azeron and Rewasd).

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I have some problems with Azeron and Rewasd in a new game from steam. The problems are curious, and I try to analyse, where the problems come from.
But it's complicated, as so many components are involved:

Azeron device and software
Rewasd
Steam (input, overlay)
EA-App (overlay)
the game itself (definitely very bitchy on input handling)
(maybe other)

The main problem is: sometimes, when having to enter by keyboard in the game, as soon as one enters the input field with the mouse, characters are typed automatically, mostly some "wwwwaaaasd" chars, but seldom also other ones. One can cancel the action, but trying to redo the input, same happens.
It's very curious, I never saw this in another game.
Maybe, it's only the games fault, but no one in the game's community describes this issue.
So I try to find out, what may be the cause in our configurations (2 differnet PC, but both with Azeron and Rewasd).
Sounds like the thumbstick drift. Assuming WASD is assigned for thumbstick.
If you launch the software, does the dot sit in the middle ?
End task on rewasd and rewasd services, then launch the azeron software and export the log from / settings / having trouble.

Klaus-L

Verified member
Jan 22, 2022
Sounds like the thumbstick drift. Assuming WASD is assigned for thumbstick.
If you launch the software, does the dot sit in the middle ?
End task on rewasd and rewasd services, then launch the azeron software and export the log from / settings / having trouble.
I will do that, if I can't identify the problem's cause.
It's so curious.
When it first appeard, I closed processes runnning, until the effect disappeared.
So I found MS-Teams, not logged in, only autostarted. After I stopped and deinstalled it, the issue seemed to be fixed.
2 days it was ok, then, same problem.
I increased the dead zone in AZ-Software and Rewasd. At first glance, it seemed to work. Then again the issue appeared.
Now I disabled steam input, same thing.

Last I disabled steam overlay. Seems to work, but waiting some days. Don't rejoice to soon :).

Reactions: Im this guy