Windows 11 Unable to Find Azeron Cyborg - Device Descriptor Request Failed

RubenG

Sep 21, 2022
I've actually been having this problem intermittently since I got the Cyborg a little les than a month ago, but now my computer is not recognizing the device at all. The Azeron Software is stuck in the "Select a profile to start" and none of the keys come up. I have tried every single possible solution to fixing this, including scouring this forum, the FAQs, and even the unofficial reset instructions (the two middle buttons on the tiny app never lit up for me to even be able to reload the old firmware).

Here is what happens: When I plug in the Cyborg, Windows pops up saying "USB device not recognized, the USB device you plugged in malfunctioned". Before, I used to be able to just take the USB plug out and put it back in and that would fix the issue in the Azeron software but now it just doesn't work anymore. The cyborg is simply not recognized by the device manager or the USB list (it lists it as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)".

I paid quite a bit of money for this to stop working for me in less than a month. Please help.

Thank you...

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I've actually been having this problem intermittently since I got the Cyborg a little les than a month ago, but now my computer is not recognizing the device at all. The Azeron Software is stuck in the "Select a profile to start" and none of the keys come up. I have tried every single possible solution to fixing this, including scouring this forum, the FAQs, and even the unofficial reset instructions (the two middle buttons on the tiny app never lit up for me to even be able to reload the old firmware).

Here is what happens: When I plug in the Cyborg, Windows pops up saying "USB device not recognized, the USB device you plugged in malfunctioned". Before, I used to be able to just take the USB plug out and put it back in and that would fix the issue in the Azeron software but now it just doesn't work anymore. The cyborg is simply not recognized by the device manager or the USB list (it lists it as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Failed)".

I paid quite a bit of money for this to stop working for me in less than a month. Please help.

Thank you...
Have to tried to replace the usb cable? I know you said you tried everything however it really sounds like a bad cable...

Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021

Thank you...
Do you use cable extender ? Plug it straight in the motherboard without any extenders or hubs

Raziel

Oct 19, 2022
I'm having the exact same issue (Cyborg Compact). I too am on Windows 11 and always had my controller plugged into a hub on an extender. Never had any trouble before. Then suddenly started getting the same stuff that RubenG mentioned. Now I'm in the same boat. Controller is totally dead. I've tried different USB cables and plugging it directly into my PC, same result. I even dug my old compact out of storage and tried that - same situation. I think it might be a Windows 11 issue. Please investigate as soon a possible please. I can't game without it (I have a joint condition).

EDIT: FYI, all my other USB devices are operationing perfectly in the hub. My Azeron controller appears to disconnect when Windows loads from boot (or so it seems).

Last edited:

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
I'm having the exact same issue (Cyborg Compact). I too am on Windows 11 and always had my controller plugged into a hub on an extender. Never had any trouble before. Then suddenly started getting the same stuff that RubenG mentioned. Now I'm in the same boat. Controller is totally dead. I've tried different USB cables and plugging it directly into my PC, same result. I even dug my old compact out of storage and tried that - same situation. I think it might be a Windows 11 issue. Please investigate as soon a possible please. I can't game without it (I have a joint condition).

EDIT: FYI, all my other USB devices are operationing perfectly in the hub. My Azeron controller appears to disconnect when Windows loads from boot (or so it seems).
Have you tried you use the latest software yet? Azeron Software v1.0.0 BETA https://www.azeron.eu/downloads/
If not unplug the controller from your computer then backing up your profiles then uninstall the old software. Install the new software then restart your computer then plug the controller back in directly into PC see if it finds it

Raziel

Oct 19, 2022
Have you tried you use the latest software yet? Azeron Software v1.0.0 BETA https://www.azeron.eu/downloads/
If not unplug the controller from your computer then backing up your profiles then uninstall the old software. Install the new software then restart your computer then plug the controller back in directly into PC see if it finds it

This was of course the first thing I did. The issue lies elsewhere.

AZGUNS

Adept
Apr 22, 2022
This was of course the first thing I did. The issue lies elsewhere.
HE said he was getting "Unknown USB Device" and ytou said " Controller is totally dead." So is it the same issue? do you you also get said error?
Will you try something just to humor me here? Try installing the free 7 day trail of reWASD from rewasd.com and tell me if it also has an error or can rewasd see the controller...?

Raziel

Oct 19, 2022
I may not have conveyed my issue well enough. Recently I started getting USB connection errors with my Cyborg Compact which I was able to temporarily remedy by unplugging and replugging in my USB for my controller. Only to have it give me the error again the next day and so on. Until today when I saw the release of the new software and firmware. So I backed up my profiles and uninstalled the old version and installed the new 1.0 beta. When I launched the new software it prompted a firmware update. Before I could update the firmware the controller lost connection again. At that point the LED on the side of the controller wouldn't even light up anymore. Then after several re-connections it stopped giving me the Windows connection USB "ding" sound as well. I opened the device manager and couldn't see any associated USB listings. The last thing I did out of curiosity was press the recessed button for flashing, while it was plugged it, and it would seem to connect for a few seconds and then disconnect again.

Raziel

Oct 19, 2022
I just tried detection mode with rewasd and only my keyboard and mouse showed up.

Raziel

Oct 19, 2022
I followed the instructions to manually update firmware with the teensy application. When I press the program but it just quits and says download error.

Raziel

Oct 19, 2022
OMG, I got it working! I found some residual file folders from the old version and deleted everything. I even ran ccleaner and registry cleaner. I then retried teensy and it worked to install the latest firmware! I then re-reinstalled the new 1.0 beta software and it recognized my controller right away! Phew, I thought for sure my controller was dead. Hopefully no one else has this issue.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one other thing I had done as well was disable the "USB selective suspend setting" in my Windows power plan. Now, I don't know if this was the thing that sorted my situation out, but maybe. I know Windows 11 is still a bit flaky right now so who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Im this guy