Update is causing some buttons to seem to be pressed forever even after release.

mikea

Verified member
Dec 28, 2022
So I went from v23.2 to v1.1.1 and started playing League of Legends as always but all of a sudden it was as if my W key binding was just being pressed forever even after release. If I opened the game chat I would be just typing wwwwwwwwwwwww... infinitely. It would continue until I just started pressing the same w key a few times. I had the same issue with my Ctrl binding as well. It only seemed to trigger when I started pressing multiple buttons at the same time when I was trying to use multiple abilities at once in the game. It would just randomly seem to get stuck. (To be clear the keys are not macro and just set to single key stroke)

I tried different keys, adjusting the ms in both button throttle setting for both setting 1 and setting 2. The I started rolling back the Azeron updates to see if any of the earlier ones would work. Same issue with all the updates from v1.1.0 on. My Azeron compact didn't start working right again till I went back to the pre big update of v23.2 and it was fine again and working like it did before I updated and messed it up. Anyone haveing this weird throttling button press issue with the update and able to find a solution?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
So I went from v23.2 to v1.1.1 and started playing League of Legends as always but all of a sudden it was as if my W key binding was just being pressed forever even after release. If I opened the game chat I would be just typing wwwwwwwwwwwww... infinitely. It would continue until I just started pressing the same w key a few times. I had the same issue with my Ctrl binding as well. It only seemed to trigger when I started pressing multiple buttons at the same time when I was trying to use multiple abilities at once in the game. It would just randomly seem to get stuck. (To be clear the keys are not macro and just set to single key stroke)

I tried different keys, adjusting the ms in both button throttle setting for both setting 1 and setting 2. The I started rolling back the Azeron updates to see if any of the earlier ones would work. Same issue with all the updates from v1.1.0 on. My Azeron compact didn't start working right again till I went back to the pre big update of v23.2 and it was fine again and working like it did before I updated and messed it up. Anyone haveing this weird throttling button press issue with the update and able to find a solution?
You might need to manually install the firmware and then test it.
Download the latest firmware from https://www.azeron.eu/downloads/ and see page 39 in manual on how to install it. https://site-835705.mozfiles.com/files/835705/Azeron_Cyborg_Manual_V6_0.pdf
Once you have done that, launch the new software

mikea

Verified member
Dec 28, 2022
You might need to manually install the firmware and then test it.
Download the latest firmware from https://www.azeron.eu/downloads/ and see page 39 in manual on how to install it. https://site-835705.mozfiles.com/files/835705/Azeron_Cyborg_Manual_V6_0.pdf
Once you have done that, launch the new software
I have done this and the manual reinstall seems to be working. I have only played for about 5 mins to test but have not seen the issue I was having before. THANKS!. If I see the issue return I'll let you know.

UPDATE: This ended up not working after all . Seemed to work till I hit a bunch of keys at the same time and then it went all wonkey again and locked my keys with the CTRL button at first them the W got stuck.

Last edited:

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I have done this and the manual reinstall seems to be working. I have only played for about 5 mins to test but have not seen the issue I was having before. THANKS!. If I see the issue return I'll let you know.

UPDATE: This ended up not working after all . Seemed to work till I hit a bunch of keys at the same time and then it went all wonkey again and locked my keys with the CTRL button at first them the W got stuck.
shows us the log file maybe we can see what is causing the issue

mikea

Verified member
Dec 28, 2022
shows us the log file maybe we can see what is causing the issue
I played for a min and got the CTRL to stick on and then hit the button till it unstuck. closed game saved the log

I attached the log file here but i dont see it showing. How can I get you the log file?

mikea

Verified member
Dec 28, 2022
Try resettting the device in the Azeron software / settings
I have tried this. I reset all and reinstalled the firm ware. Same issue.

Have tried the reset as well I have seen you post in another thread of a full hard reset by deleting the Azeron software and reinstalling the software and firm ware. That didnt work either. I still get the same situation where I hit a bunch of buttons at the same time the Ctrl is stuck on and pressed even if nothing with Crtl is being used. Im not sure what to make of this or what else to try.

Last edited:

MicroMan

Feb 16, 2023
Noticing a similar issue with my Cyborg #7 programmable button. It doesn't happen very often, maybe once or twice while gaming for an hour or so? My Azeron program will show the button is still being pressed while I'm not pressing it. I thought it had to do with the actual button sticking, tried loosening it a bit but it's still happening every now and then. Is there a resolution on this issue yet?

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Noticing a similar issue with my Cyborg #7 programmable button. It doesn't happen very often, maybe once or twice while gaming for an hour or so? My Azeron program will show the button is still being pressed while I'm not pressing it. I thought it had to do with the actual button sticking, tried loosening it a bit but it's still happening every now and then. Is there a resolution on this issue yet?
Do you have a double or a long press bound to it ? Once the button is spamming, does manually pulling back the button stop it ?

Double Dipper

Verified member
Oct 22, 2022
California, US
So I have noticed the same behavior in my classic. It is bound to a single press and I noticed that it doesn't even flicker on the visual part of the software but it does cease if I figure out which button it is and spam press it. I have already tried all of the above fixes. I have no problem sending log files just let me know where to send em. Oh also I noticed there is a jitter in the analogue joystick as well when held down in any direction it starts to visually dance around on the software.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
So I have noticed the same behavior in my classic. It is bound to a single press and I noticed that it doesn't even flicker on the visual part of the software but it does cease if I figure out which button it is and spam press it. I have already tried all of the above fixes. I have no problem sending log files just let me know where to send em. Oh also I noticed there is a jitter in the analogue joystick as well when held down in any direction it starts to visually dance around on the software.
It`s different button spamming everytime ? Could be a bad cable in your case.
You can attach the log here

Double Dipper

Verified member
Oct 22, 2022
California, US
Nope I have already replaced the cable. I had the same thought. Also, I feel I should point out I never had this issue before until I updated to the 1.1.1 software although I am now using the 1.1.2 version and have completely reset everything from drivers to software when I upgraded to 1.1.2. I can say it is happening less now however it is still an issue from time to time.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Nope I have already replaced the cable. I had the same thought. Also, I feel I should point out I never had this issue before until I updated to the 1.1.1 software although I am now using the 1.1.2 version and have completely reset everything from drivers to software when I upgraded to 1.1.2. I can say it is happening less now however it is still an issue from time to time.
Does the rest of the keypad is still functional whilst it`s spamming the key?

chrisg

Feb 14, 2023
I think im encountering a similar issue.... Playing wow ...if i press two keys side by side at the same time....one or both get stuck.. and only that row of buttons will work

I just bought my cyborg compact and im not very happy with the way its functioning.

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
I think im encountering a similar issue.... Playing wow ...if i press two keys side by side at the same time....one or both get stuck.. and only that row of buttons will work

I just bought my cyborg compact and im not very happy with the way its functioning.
Please export the log from the software / settings

Kris

Sep 20, 2022
Hi I am having the same issue in World of tanks with the W key, at times it just stays on causing me to move forward, some times I manage to stop it by pushing other keys but this fix is very intermittent. I have bound other keys but makes no difference. I have tried to attach a log to this message.

I have updated to latest software but this has made no difference.

I have emailed a log through to 'Info'

Last edited:
Reactions: Im this guy

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021

Reset the device in the software / settings

MicroMan

Feb 16, 2023
Do you have a double or a long press bound to it ? Once the button is spamming, does manually pulling back the button stop it ?
Only a single press is bound to it. Typically I have to press it several times before the button stops holding down

Im this guy

Staff member
Nov 5, 2021
Only a single press is bound to it. Typically I have to press it several times before the button stops holding down
When issue happens again, remove the button and try pressing directly on the switch to see if it will also take multiple times to stop holding down